Bartlesville, OK, USA, Sept, 2017 -- The Sitel customer service call center in Bartlesville will stay open until after the holidays, Sitel Bartlesville Site Director Paul Petersen.
In April, Sitel officials announced the call center would close at the end of September after 17 years in Bartlesville.
Petersen said a special holiday project will keep the center open, and the company will need full-time temporary customer-service representatives for the project. Project employees will be paid $13 an hour.
The customer service representatives will answer questions about holiday orders, he said.
To apply go tonline and click on careers or visit the call center at 3001 SE Frank Phillips Blvd.
The website lists these qualifications for the positions.
• Prior customer service experience (preferred)
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional, articulate voice
• Ability to multi-task by working in several computer applications while holding a conversation with a customer
• Ability to type 20 words per minute
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
The Bartlesville call center employs 100 people, but 70 will soon transition to the company’s Work-At-Home program, Petersen said.
"The Bartlesville Sitel customer service call center will close eventually," he said.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Date Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017
ContactCenterWorld.com is the world's premier on-line resource for the call and contact center industry. This article is one of hundreds available on-line to registered members. Our resource is updated every working day and includes content from every corner of the world. If you are not a registered member go to www.ContactCenterWorld.com and register today.