News : Comcast Plans to Add 100 Call Center Jobs in Beaverton
May 30, 2012 -- Comcast says it plans to add 100 call center jobs at its Beaverton call center, seeking experienced personnel to handle inbound sales calls and fill supervisory roles.
The region's cable TV and Internet service provider, Comcast has subscribers in Oregon and Southwest Washington. The company said it has decided to consolidate its sales work in several locations, including Beaverton.
Comcast already employs several hundred at the site. It's taking applications for the new positions at their website.
Statewide, call centers employed about 9,900 people in Oregon last year, according to the Oregon Employment Department. Comcast didn't say what its jobs will pay, but state figures show the industry paid an average annual wage of $27,900 last year.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Comcast Corporation, founded in 1963, is a cable operator in the United States, providing cable television, broadband Internet, and telephone service to both residential and commercial customers. Comcast is headquartered in the One Comcast Center in Center City, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Published: Thursday, May 31, 2012
- Comcast to Shut Down Orlando Call Center, Lay Off 260
- Comcast Will Lay Off 68 in Augusta Call Center
- Comcast Still Hiring for Springs Call Center
- Comcast Alters North Lebanon Office
- Career Centers Ready to Assist Workers Laid Off at Comcast, Campbell Soup
- Comcast Expands Houston Call Center After Closing California Centers