News : Connecticut Child Support Help Line Expands Hours
HARTFORD, Conn., Nov 24, 2011 -- A call center that helps Connecticut parents who are waiting for overdue child support payments has extended its hours.
Connecticut Judicial Branch officials say the service previously was operated from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, but is now open until 7 p.m. each Thursday.
The call center helps parents seek overdue child support or check the status of their cases. It can be reached at 1-800-228-5437 (KIDS).
Officials say the extra hours are intended to help working families who cannot call during business hours, especially since those struggling in the recession need their court-ordered child support more than ever.
The call center handles about 8,000 calls monthly and is staffed by bilingual employees. A translation service is available for callers who speak languages other than English and Spanish.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Contact Center World. (www.ContactCenterWorld.com), The Global Association for Contact Center Best Practices & Networking
Published: Friday, November 25, 2011
- Best Contact Centers and Best Industry Professionals in Americas Announced at Gala Dinner
- North & South American Contact Centers Ready To Compete in Global Awards
- County Needs New Emergency Operations Center
- AT&T Gets State Contract for Phone Service to Deaf
- Los Angeles's 311 Calling System Becoming a Victim of its Own Success
- 211 Served More Than One Million Callers