News : Conn's Moving Call-center Jobs to San Antonio
Feb 16, 2012 -- Approximately 50 people working at a call center at the Conn's corporate office in Beaumont are being asked to relocate to San Antonio when the Beaumont-based electronics retailer consolidates the Beaumont call center with its San Antonio call center.
This will only affect customer service representatives who answer incoming calls from customers with questions and credit payments.
A Conn's spokesperson says those workers decide to move to San Antonio, they will be offered a money to help with moving expenses.
The company will try help those who can't or decide not to move find a position in another capacity within the corporate office or at one of its stores.
Conn's was forced to close 11 stores in 2011 without any layoffs.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Published: Friday, February 24, 2012
- North & South American Contact Centers Ready To Compete in Global Awards
- Heineman Awards Grant for Columbus Call Center
- BabyBrowns Upgrades Online Store and Customer Service Call Center Expansion
- Call Center Bringing 100 Jobs to Americus
- Call Centers Offer Bright Spot in Recession
- It's Official! 4 of The Top 5 Countries For Best Practices Are in the Asia Pacific Region!