News : Employees Sue AXA Over Unpaid Wages
June 22, 2012 -- Call center employees of AXA Equitable Life Insurance Co. have filed a class action lawsuit against the company claiming it withheld wages from them.
Lead plaintiffs Troy Paris and Maryanne Keller claim that the company refused to pay them for working past 40 hours and did not compensate them for the time it took to start their computers when their shifts began and to log off at the end, according to Law360 (subscription required). They also claim that they were not allowed to end a call that went past their shift hours, nor were they allowed to leave if there were still calls in their "call queue."
The plaintiffs claim that more than 200 workers had pay withheld due to these practices by the company. They seek unspecified damages and compensation for the unpaid wages, according to Law360.
If you think you have had wages wrongfully withheld by an employer, contact Sokolove Law for a free legal consultation. You may be entitled to compensation.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
About AXA Insurance:
A property and casualty insurer. Provides lists of associated brokers, products and services, press and career information.
Published: Monday, June 25, 2012
- AXA Creates 450 Jobs in the Tees Valley
- AXA Gulf Opens Retail Outlet at Nakheel Centre
- Axa Call Centre Jobs in Stockton 'At Risk'
- North & South American Contact Centers Ready To Compete in Global Awards
- Best in Americas Honoured at 2011 Top Ranking Performers Conference
- It's Official! 4 of The Top 5 Countries For Best Practices Are in the Asia Pacific Region!