News : EMS Selects Interactive Intelligence Cloud-Based Contact Center Solution
INDIANAPOLIS & OMAHA, Neb., Dec 1, 2011 -- EMS Inc., a provider of outsourced contact center services, has selected Interactive Intelligence Group Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ININ) cloud-based communications-as-a-service (CaaS) offering.
The Interactive Intelligence cloud-based offering, CaaS Contact Center, will replace an existing hosted offering.
"Our existing hosted solution made administration and agent monitoring difficult," said EMS director of operations, Paul Staehlin. "After an extensive review process of both premise-based and hosted solutions, we chose the Interactive Intelligence CaaS Contact Center for its broad functionality, competitive price, maximum control, and ease-of-administration and integration."
EMS will use CaaS Contact Center to support both business users and contact center agents at its five locations throughout Omaha, Neb., and Steamboat, Colo. It will use the following CaaS Contact Center functionality: multichannel routing and queuing, interactive voice response, unified messaging, call recording, reporting, and a statistics delivery engine for wallboard displays. It also plans to integrate CaaS Contact Center with its RightNow and salesforce.com applications for screen-pop.
EMS will use a cloud-based hybrid deployment model from Interactive Intelligence. "Interactive offered us a ‘local control VoIP’ model that will enable us to maintain all our voice traffic and call recordings on our network," Staehlin said. "This method gives us more control and enhanced security, plus at any time we can easily migrate to a premise-based deployment without rewriting applications."
To keep up with forecasted growth, EMS plans to hire an additional 100 agents next year. "CaaS Contact Center will enable us to quickly and easily add new users," Staehlin said. "With very limited ability to make changes to our old hosted system, our planned expansion next year would’ve been quite painful."
The Interactive Intelligence cloud-based deployment will be Staehlin’s fifth communications system project in his more than 20-year career. "Having done this numerous times with various telephony platforms, the Interactive Intelligence CaaS Contact Center is the best I’ve seen," he said. "The tools it gives agents to deliver efficient yet personal multichannel service will really fast-forward our business in the coming months."
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
About Interactive Intelligence:
Interactive Intelligence Group Inc. (Nasdaq: ININ) is a global provider of contact center automation, unified communications, and business process automation software and services. The company’s unified IP business communications solutions can be deployed on-premise or via the cloud. Interactive Intelligence has more than 5,000 customers worldwide, employs approximately 1,400 people and is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. The company has offices throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
Published: Friday, December 02, 2011
- Ansafone Deploys Interactive Intelligence Communications Software Suite
- VOXDATA Selects Interactive Intelligence Communications Solution
- Interactive Intelligence Partners with FutureTech in Kuwait and Iraq
- Interactive Intelligence Acquires Customer Base from Amtel
- Interactive Intelligence to Integrate With Oracle
- Interactive Intelligence Integrates with Oracle Sales and Marketing Cloud Service
More Editorial From Interactive Intelligence
- Interactive Intelligence Signs NCBS as Elite Partner for Saudi Arabia
- Yellow Radio Service Deploys Software Suite from Interactive Intelligence
- Interactive Intelligence Names New Marketing Chief
- Interactive Intelligence Delivers Contact Centre Solution to iGO4
- St John Ambulance Western Australia Dials Up Interactive Intelligence
- Survey Reveals the Most Intelligent Way to Interact with Customers