News : Nurse Call Center Expanding to Odessa
MIDLAND/ODESSA, Oct 27, 2011 -- It's unlike anything other service in the area, a 24-hour nurse hotline where patients can call in with their health questions.
Midland Memorial Hospital started the program in 2009 and now they're expanding to Medical Center Hospital in Odessa.
Nurses say the call center has allowed them to cut down on the number of unnecessary emergency room visits but it's also helped save a few lives.
"A female patient called in. She was having a little discomfort. She was reluctant to go to the emergency room but the nurse convinced her. She ended up having a heart attack. She called back and said we saved her life," Midland Memorial Nurse, Wilma Cline, said.
Hospital administrators say they're working on a new marketing strategy for the expanded call center.
They hope to have it up and running in January.
To reach the call center, dial 855-68-NURSE.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
About Midland Memorial Hospital:
Community owned nonprofit hospital, providing information on the hospital's history, staff, services, and employment opportunities.
Published: Friday, October 28, 2011
- Utilities Firm Approves Contracts to Improve Call Center Services
- Massachusetts Town Opening New 911 Call Center
- North & South American Contact Centers Ready To Compete in Global Awards
- Department of Children’s Services Struggles to Answer Child Abuse Hotline Calls
- TrustedTPV™ Announces 2nd Verification Call Center
- Birmingham Police Unveil City's New 911 Call Center