News : Protective Life Corp. Call Center Revamp Aided by iSeek Solutions
Mar 7, 2013 -- A small company based at the downtown Birmingham business incubator Innovation Depot is managing a revamp of many nationwide call centers operated by Protective Life Corp.
Annie Allen, owner and president of iSeek Solutions, Inc., which is in its second year at the Depot, didn’t disclose exact figures, but said the project’s costs are in the multi-millions. She said the project addresses 19 Protective centers, one of which finished its upgrade in December.
Work at a center in Chicago is expected to be finished by March 15, Allen said. The center that was done in December is in Birmingham, she said.
One of the key components of the revamp is that the centers are switching from an old system to an Avaya system, Allen said. The revamp, which is upgrading the phones and software and hardware used for maintaining calls, aims to improve the overall customer experience, she said.
"There were inconsistencies in reporting that came into the contact centers," Allen said, referring to the call centers’ older system.
The switch to Avaya will allow a call to be routed to the employee best fitted for that customer or request, Allen said.
The revamps of the three largest centers, which handle 60 to 70 percent of the call volume, are expected to be done by June, while the remaining facilities will be completed by the end of this year, Allen said.
iSeek has roughly five employees and manages projects for businesses, Allen said.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Avaya Inc. designs, builds and manages communications networks for businesses. Focused on businesses large to small, Avaya provides an Internet Protocol (IP) telephony system of communications software applications and services. Driving the convergence of voice and data communications with business applications - Avaya helps customers leverage existing and new networks to achieve superior business results.
Published: Monday, March 11, 2013
- Best Contact Center Strategies – 2015 Best in the World Winners Announced at 2015 ContactCenterWorld.com Top Ranking Per
- Best Customer Service Awards – 2015 Best in the World Winners Announced at 2015 ContactCenterWorld.com Top Ranking Perfo
- Technology Winners Announced at 2015 ContactCenterWorld.com Best in the World Awards
- Ventana Research Announces Strategic Partnership with ContactCenterWorld
- Spok Solutions Achieve JITC Certification
- ContactCenterWorld Recognizes MassMutual for Excellence in Customer Service