News : Southwest Airlines Set to Open Expanded 300-person Call Center
June 7, 2012 -- Southwest Airlines will open the company’s new customer support and services center in San Antonio on June 11.
The new location consists of 60,000 square feet of floor space with options to expand in the future. The facility, located at Interstate 35 and O’Connor, replaces the airline’s old facility at Medical Drive. The expanded call center will allow Southwest Airlines to create more than 300 local jobs.
Mayor Julian Castro and City Manager Sheryl Sculley will join Southwest Airlines’ Chairman, President and CEO Gary Kelly and Senior Vice President of Customer Services Teresa Laraba to commemorate the opening of the facility. Southwest now has six customer support and services centers nationwide.
Dallas-based Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) began service to San Antonio International Airport in 1971 with six daily nonstop departures to Dallas Love Field . The airline currently operates 49 daily nonstop flights to 14 destinations from San Antonio with additional direct or connecting service to Baltimore/Washington International, Denver, El Paso, Harlingen/South Padre Island, Houston (Hobby), Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, San Diego and Tampa Bay.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
About Southwest Airlines:
Southwest Airlines Co. is an American low-cost airline.
Published: Monday, June 11, 2012
- Southwest Airlines Consolidates Reservations Operations
- Southwest Airlines Announces New Location for San Antonio Call Center
- Southwest Swamped with Calls on Loyalty Program
- Southwest Airlines Callers are Now Free to Hang up on Hold Time
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts Plans to Open Wichita Call Center
- Former Employees Look for Financial Help After Delta Call Center Closure