News : Strike Threat at Jobcentre Plus
5 April 2011 -- PCS Union reps for 10,000 call centre workers in Jobcentre Plus were waiting to see if management agreed to their demands over working conditions this week.
If management didn’t, they were to call strikes.
Around 7,000 workers in 37 Jobcentre Plus contact centre directorate workplaces voted by more than 70 percent for strikes against a bullying management culture and poor conditions.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Published: Wednesday, April 06, 2011
- Jobcentre Staff in St Helens Stage Second Strike Over Call Centre Move
- Online Services to Mitigate Jobcentre Closures
- Call Centre Workers Left Hanging by Bosses
- Striking Jobcentre Call Centre Workers Demand 'More Respect'
- Jobcentre Plus Staff to Strike 'with Reluctance'
- Decisive Strike Vote Over Conditions at the Department for Work Pensions