News : Walgreens Call Center Bill Passes House
March 14, 2012 -- A bill that would allow the state to license the Walgreens Customer Care Center in Muscle Shoals passed the Alabama House today.
Proponents have said the bill is needed to keep the center’s existing jobs and allow for a planned expansion.
"We make it an all-out effort to recruit new industry to the state, I think we should exert the same effort to keep jobs in the state," said bill sponsor Rep. Lynn Greer, R-Rogersville.
The bill now move to the Senate.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Published: Thursday, March 15, 2012
- Invest NB Defends Failed Bathurst Call Centre Investment
- New York Launches Website and Hotline to Explain New Gun Control Laws
- North & South American Contact Centers Ready To Compete in Global Awards
- Sherrod Brown Outlines New Bill on Call-center Jobs
- Judge Rules New Ingham County 911 Call Center Can Open
- State Has Hotline for Worker Abuse