Government Call Center - release in November 2013 - Grace Heny - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Government Call Center book released in November 2013
The book initially written following the market needs and request from few contact center professionals in Indonesia. It was started on year 2012 and than completed by all relevant study cases, or experience and some market research conducted. The Indonesian regulation alone really are on the hype of supporting the Information Transparency by what we call 'KIP', it was an abbreviation of 'Keterbukaan Informasi Publik' as part of good corporate governance theme. The book will be available in major book store starting on January 2014.
The Government Call Center Book was written in the spirit to support the government in providing a better public services to the community. First three sections of the book are talking about the objectives of Information Transparency regulations related to providing information to the public. It was regulated under UU KIP. The author want to emphasize the need or serving the society in term of providing the right information to society. And having contact center as the platform is the right way to do it. The benefit visualize such as public services say like EMS = Emergency Medical Service or what we known as 911.
Few Objectives as the target of the book:
- Opening the perspective and the needs of contact center to serve the society better with the right information
- Provide simple and easy concept of service through a contact center covering face to face with few dimension of services such as Accessibility (Speed), Quality and Appearance.
- Provide the real study cases of public service from our real life experience by looking at the society needs. By doing this the author hoping to help pinpoint and provide practical ideas for improving the community lifes.
The way the book was written is being practical, easy to read, fun and based on updated situation. Looking at the objectives, the author try using the illustration and visual for being more attractive. The cover of the book using the real contact center workforce troops from a benchmark contact center also involving the government staff.
Synopsis of 'Government Call Center' book
The book is divided into few topics and sub topics below:
First is about Call Center and Public Services
Regulation on Call Center as related to the Public Service is starting from Keterbukaan Informasi Publik regulation (Public Information Transparency).
Follow by the Principles and Regulation in providing the excellence Public Service and how the Public Service is the basic right for all citizen.
Second part is talking about Public Services around us and the benchmarking
- For emergency, health and disaster relief segment. The author explain the role and function of Halo Kemkes 500567 contact center for the society. Previously the Halo Kemkes 500567 was first introduced as PTRC, an abbreviation of 'Pusat Tanggap Response Cepat' (PTRC) as part of the Health Ministry of the Republic of Indonesia initiative. Along the discussion, the author explain few other aspects that related with the Halo Kemkes function in health segement. Those are 911 call center benchmarking; a short review at how 911 call center Montgomery County operate. Another case study of medical sector coming from a non government is CVS Caremark, they provide the study case of business model for medical services that author think is really good. They also provide a Social Corporate Responsibility through the initiative for helping the drivers and toll road passengers called CVS Samaria.
- Another good cases are the 'Call Center for Woman and Kids Helpline'. The New Delhi government opening up a call center specially to help Women call Women Helpline 181 in New Delhi. This is becoming the pioneer for the women service helpline. The other example is the Prevent Child Abuse (PCA) Helpline that was initiated and than vacum for a certain period and was able rebuild by the support of society, education institution and also government from that area. So to be able to deliver a good public service, a collaboration is the key.
- Administration of the Jakarta Population was being elaborate with the article of Great Service provide by Jakarta Provincial Government. This is specially pointing the non emergency helpline and how Jakarta should have one to support the society. The author provide the platform of excellence service on face to face and also what are the capability of current provincial function services that relate to the non emergency line with benchmark to the 311 call center in New York.
- For energy and power, author are comparing and focusing on revamping the human resources aspect to help restructuring the people aspect and deliver the excellence service. Author highlighted the Engaged People' British Gas’ as the study case.
- Following the benchmark visit during the author to the Australian Taxation Office or ATO Call Center that definitely decribing the role and function of contact center in supporting the Australian citizen as good tax payer
- For Transportation segment, author explaining her real experience on extending her STNK through the face to face interaction. The study case elaborate the real experience of 100% customer satisfaction survey score that will not serve the purpose of continuous improvement initiative.
- Also follow by the Rail Europe example of multi channel, Flat and Residential Contact Center as the voice of government, how a contact center supporting the livestock and farming. Closing by the manpower call center study case that support the disability. The author try to highlighted the key point and important knowledges using the book as the media. If the reader need to elaborate things in more detail, author really advising the contact center professional to open up their netwoking horizon by attending the Top Ranking Performance - ContactCenterWorld.com conferences series.
The last section is the Call Center Best Practice.
Covering the Emergency Interaction Framework for emergency situation in call center. This decription starting with real experience of calling a '119 call center of Kartu Jakarta Sehat' or SPGDT. What items to be prepare in setting up a contact center, such as managing limited resources and other component to be utilized. The contact center technology is actually quite complex that reader need to understand the platform, and how the procurement process of contact center in government sector using pengadaan barang dan jasa or 'PBJ'. The most updated is practical tips on choosing a good work force management application.
Few study cases with fun, entertain and easy to read but still provide a benefit for the reader are cover in this section.
- how to promote your call center
- study case of deactivation of SMS premium in telecommunication industry in Indonesia
- black campaign of ‘Satanic card’, collaboration with marketing
- the last are the concept of Accessibility, Quality and Efficiency or sum up as AKE.
The last pages of the book also inserting the agenda of the Las Vegas event of ContactCenterWorld.com on 11th up to 15th November 2013. Hope to inspired better public services in delivering better community for the people life.
Publish Date: November 10, 2013 2:35 AM