How social media is helpful in providing customer services? - Amelia Roberts - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Marketing plays a crucial role in the overall development of a company as it is intended to boost the sales, improve the performance and popularity of the company. The dimension of marketing has spread to all those corners where you can find presence of human beings. Every company strategizes their plans that can drive customers. Marketing is channeled through various medium such as advertisements, promotions, experiential marketing, digital marketing, ambient marketing and the list goes on. Selecting the marketing channel which is apt for the business requires comprehension skills and experience, for an example an understanding of places and area where the target customers can be found. Understanding the perspective of the client is a key to successful marketing. Companies deliberate a thousand times before picking up the right channel for communication. Customers are generally attracted to new things, unfamiliar things catches their eye instantly. That is why it is imperative to attempt for a contemporary approach while marketing which will have a positive impact if done in a proper manner.
With the advancement of internet and technology, the companies have paved ways for newer, active and advanced marketing. The popularity of people joining the social networking sites almost every other day is something that all of us are aware of as it brings along an easy way to remain connected with people. This space has attracted the marketing professionals and they make optimum use of this channel which is one of the most effective and result oriented marketing strategies.
Social Media Marketing (SMM) which is an extended form of Digital Marketing as sometimes referred to. This is a new form of marketing which was recently launched. SMM is newest of its kind where many social media platforms and other networking sites are interactively used by the organization to promote their services and products by sending across messages (through text, video, audio and other media contents), mails, online ads to users, posting discussions on online forums, groups, blogs, communities and other online forums.
Expanding the scope for customers
Social Media is also a platform where participants from various backgrounds create and share content in different online communities. The interaction goes beyond the personal; it is also a place where you can connect with the business on professional level. Undoubtedly every internet user will acknowledge that people spend more time on social networking sites than any others websites.
A few social media networks used by the mass are Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, Wikis, Blogger, Podcasts etc. Through these platforms direct customers can be targeted which brings about better awareness of the new and ongoing products and services offered by companies. This form of marketing is also termed as, ‘Active Marketing’ which means that the customers can give responses, reviews and opinions about the products and services which goes on to trigger a row of conversation, comments and discussions from the customers online.
The responses that are received from the users can be used effectively for understanding the preferences of the customers. This will help the organizations to revitalize their products and services which will not only assist the companies in creating goodwill but will also help them develop the business strategies and bring about development in the company.
SMM is specifically helpful in call center services as it ensures consistent flow of two way communications. In addition to it the social media is one of the most cost effective tools that provide excellent services in customer care. Companies’ connecting to their customers in social media platforms is especially helpful for customers as it provides them an opportunity to connect with other users who use the same product which provides them reassurance in various ways.
The benefits associated with social media are:
- Direct communication flow - The communication flow directly involves with the intended customers and this provides understanding and information about the preferences of customers and the companies can devise business strategies which will enhance the reputation and presence of the brand.
- Expanding relations with the customers – Millions of people log on to the social networking sites daily and these platforms provide ample opportunities for establishing direct communication with the prospects. This can also be used to deliver instant messages en masse. Social media is now used by companies to enhance their relations with customers.
- Promotion and Education – Through various tools such as the discussion boards, images, videos etc which provide an ample room for companies to showcase the features of their products and services acting as a promotional tool at the same time. This in turn educates the customer about the new products and services and it will broaden the scope for customers and they will have ample of options to choose from.
- Influencing Sales – Providing constant flow of information to the customers which arouses their level of interest and they are able to identify themselves with it. This brings about brand recognition, awareness and acceptance. With development of various app’s (applications) that are integrated with the social media platforms which can easily facilitate purchases.
- Enhancing relationships with customers – The social media network is an inexpensive platform for businesses to connect with their customers which creates a platform for the both of them to connect easily.
- Assisting in research activities – Through these platforms the companies have constant access to the thousands of customers that express their feedbacks, opinions publicly which involves no cost. This assists the companies in research activities which is crucial for many business decisions.
Customers are present in these platforms for a long time now and it is imperative for companies to make their presence felt in these forums. Customer support through social media is compelling and at the same time equally involves great challenges, creativity and innovation. The power of networking can take the business to greater heights. This is a perfect platform for companies to promote, attract and preserve their customer base.
Publish Date: June 26, 2015 7:37 PM