An Insider’s Guide to Robotic Process Automation – Achieving Automation Excellence - Business Systems UK Ltd - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Series 5 – Achieving automation excellence
Welcome to Part 5 of the Business Systems blog series - ‘An Insider’s Guide to Robotic Process Automation’
In this series:
- Robotic Process Automation Excellence
- Robotic Process Automation roles
- Robotic Process Automation Training
In order to fully embrace automation in your organisation, consider setting up an Automation Workforce Team. An Automation workforce team: the ‘go to’ for anything automation related in your organisation.
After the technology has been implemented, the centre can be used to:
- Establish methodologies
- Create training
- Identify best practices
- Identify ongoing needs for automation (streamline operations and reduce cost)
- Collaborate with the business owners to design, deliver and maintain automation projects
Consider which members will be part of the Automation Workforce Team. Every organisation is different and one size will not fit all.
- Manager – leads and coordinates all resources and activities
- Technical Expert – monitors the quality of the output and encourages best practice across the dev team.
- Connectivity Consultant – Manages and maintains the integration layer
- Business Analyst – investigates challenges and identifies automation processes. Prioritizes potential use cases and creates design documents that dev team use for completion of projects.
- Automation Administrator – Technical management and maintenance of ongoing automation solutions
- Developer – executes the automation programmes using specific tools within the technology.
- Quality Tester – executes testing (error handling and data validity) of automated processes
- Automation rollout and change management - Expert– education and enablement activities for all employees using automation
- Data Analyst – defines and measures automation value
Where can these roles fit within the organisation?
- Centralised: Whole team located in the same organisational unit
- Semi-distributed: automation business analysts strategically located across relevant departments e.g HR, Customer Service and Procurement
- Distributed: Central management remains within the Automation Workforce Team, but automation business analysts and automation developers located in different departments where automation is being rolled out
Some Robotic Process Automation providers offer tools to promote, design and support the technology.
- Training and certification for the technical employees taking part in the project (a certification means involvement in a Robotic Process Automation developers community)
- Solution provider joins the centre of excellence team in a joint project implementation which includes coaching and on the job training.
Fig 1 - An Automation Training Project (click to enlarge)
Keep tuned for series 6 in the Insider’s Guide to Robotic Process Automation – ‘Cognitive Automation’.
To view previous blogs in the series, please click here >
Publish Date: November 22, 2018 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
|PREMIUMFuture Gen International Pte Ltd|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Outsourcing provider of English Call Centre services, Audio Transcriptions, Big Data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) , Big Data Visualization, Big Data Predictive Model Generation
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
CTI Software is the creator of custom application called Davos, which complements the telephone client solutions with intelligent features such as automated call attendant, call recording and archivin...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
HigherGround develops data collection, information storage, and interaction analytics solutions that easily transform data into actionable intelligence, enabling operational optimization, enhanced per...
View more from Business Systems UK Ltd
Recent Blog Posts:
|Coping with challenges around accessing and managing call recording data||May 21, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Workforce Management: Gamification||May 15, 2019 5:00 AM|
|How to Mitigate Conduct Risk with Back Office Workforce Optimisation Technology||April 5, 2019 5:00 AM|
|When was the last time you revisited your back-office operations?||February 28, 2019 5:00 AM|
|How to Interrogate Call Data Across Multiple Systems||February 28, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Workforce Management: Shift Trader||February 5, 2019 5:00 AM|
|One of the biggest contact centre challenges and how to fix it||December 21, 2018 5:00 AM|
|Workforce Management: Vacation Planner||November 29, 2018 5:00 AM|
|An Insider’s Guide to Robotic Process Automation – Achieving Automation Excellence||November 22, 2018 5:00 AM|
|Revolutionise the Customer Experience with a Blended Workforce||November 16, 2018 5:00 AM|