According to Nick Brook at Teleopti, resource forecasting in contact centers needn’t be a complicated affair. Start by avoiding the most common mistakes and stick to the basics.
Today’s contact centers are complicated beasts. The people working in them are expected to be super-agents with multiple skills and knowledge. While customers expect to receive consistent service in the channel of their choice ie by phone, email, Chat, SMS and social media. At first glance, managing this complex environment might seem like an impossible task but it doesn’t have to be that way. If you avoid some basic mistakes and combine a robust forecasting process with the latest Workforce Management (WFM) technology even the most magnificent beasts can be tamed.
Even with the perfect forecast and best intentions, things don’t always go to plan and mistakes can happen. Here are the most common reasons for incorrect forecasts:
– and/or failing to archive previous forecasts. Access to accurate data along with a recorded audit trail of previous forecasting activities provides a solid foundation for future forecasts. Remember to archive all forecasts.
– fail to plan, plan to fail applies to forecasting. Everything changes over time including channels, agent preferences, and unplanned absences. Therefore it pays to keep on top of change and factor it into the forecast. That way, the contact center is always ready to react swiftly and effectively to the unexpected. Generate new forecasts by month, week or by day based on known forthcoming events.
– make sure planning teams communicate and work with other parts of the business to improve forecasting. Make it easy to work with sales and marketing to know about planned promotions and advertising campaigns so when they generate enquiries agents available are ready for action.
– why waste time and money on forecasts that don’t work when a ‘what if’ exercise can help with forecasting and reliably model for future requirements? Choose a WFM solution that includes “what if” modeling and know how to use it. Remember to incorporate buffers to allow for unexpected spikes in activity and unplanned absences.
– processes like businesses are not static. They are constantly moving and require frequent re-evaluation to increase efficiencies and gain a competitive edge. Reviewing processes and historical data should be a regular diary date, at a set time of the week and at least once a month.
Now you are aware of the pitfalls, adopt a process-driven approach to forecasting supported by the latest cloud-based Workforce Management (WFM) technology. Download Teleopti’s “how-to” guide Tips and techniques for accurate, effective forecasting to fine tune your forecasting and get that margin of error as low as possible. Finally, whatever you do, don’t cut corners. Successful forecasting is easier than it at first appears - just take a measured approach and avoid those five common pitfalls.
Nick Brook is a Project Manager and Consultant at Teleopti
Publish Date: October 29, 2018
Automated Language Testing
Emmersion offers automated assessments to quickly and accurately test speaking, writing, and grammar fluency in 9 languages and counting. We help contact centers improve CSAT scores by screening for top talent and retaining top performers.
HireTrax, MainTrax's standalone pre-hire virtual interviewing solution, automatically analyzes the behavioral characteristics found in each candidate's VOICE to help you select reps better suited for the specific job at hand. After all, agents speak with your customers for hours each day so it's vital they possess the behavioral characteristics and personality traits necessary to be successful. By picking those with tendencies of empathy and positive behavioral traits, you'll have a higher caliber of candidates who will perform better on the job and stay.
|3.)||Orion Learning Services Inc.|
Assessments for Recruitment, Talent Management, Succession Planning
Looking for assessment tools to help you recruit faster, better and more accurately?
Orion Learning offers a full suite of assessment tools designed to target and report on candidate potential. Our tools are used for recruitment, talent management, succession planning and coaching/mentoring. All of the tools are delivered online and the reports are available online and will provide you with an amazing view of the candidate/individual's potential, interview questions, coaching/mentoring steps and much more.
If you're looking to find the candidate/individual with the highest potential, call Orion today!
VADS Recruitment Services
VADS Indonesia provides a recruitment process with strict selection with various requirements according to client needs. VADS Indonesia also has a database of trained candidates so that it can meet the agent needs quickly and in large numbers.
Contact Centre Behavioural Assessments
SalesMatch is an intelligent web based sales and contact centre behavioural assessment platform. It is based on the well known, tried and tested DISC psychometric theory, used by thousands of organisations round the world.
- Reduces Agent Attrition - By selecting the right agent for the role
- Increases Performance - By matching the character profile to the task
- Reduces Time Off - A well matched profile to the role reduced work
- Reduces Recruitment Costs - By early identification of the right candidates
Putting the right person in the job role has become the key focus in the drive...
|6.)||TactiCall Recruitment Services|
TactiCall Recruitment Services
Temporary / Labour Hire / Contingent and Contract Hire
Recruitment Consulting Services
Assessment Centre Design and Facilitation
|Data is everything in the new era of customer service||May 20, 2019|
|Real-Time Adherence – the art of smarter scheduling||May 8, 2019|
|Evolving employee engagement with Workforce Management (WFM)||April 30, 2019|
|Guest Blog: There’s a brighter future for contact centre agents||April 12, 2019|
|Centralized or de-centralized WFM: 5 ways to strike the perfect balance||April 8, 2019|
|How patient are your customers? Erlang A may have the answer||March 25, 2019|
|Evaluating if the integration between your WFM & CX platform will be a big “Yes”||February 25, 2019|
|The whole organization is a customer service center – not everyone knows it yet!||February 4, 2019|
|Resistance to change – the arch nemesis of customer experience||January 22, 2019|
|5 steps to supercharge your customer service with contextual intelligence||January 7, 2019|
I am checking out all the amazing and daily updated content on ContactCenterWorld.com and networking with professionals worldwide
Send To Friends Post On My Wall