Evolving employee engagement with Workforce Management (WFM) - Calabrio - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
From experience Teleopti believes successful companies start with inspired people and here CEO, Olle Dűring outlines 7 winning strategies to make your organization a great place to work.
At Teleopti we agree with the saying “to win in the marketplace, you must first win in the workplace ”. This is especially relevant as employees often spend more waking hours with their colleagues than they do with their own partners or families so keeping them happy and engaged should be a top priority. We have found to achieve this, people need to work in a positive environment where they can continue to grow, remain engaged and be productive. However, the reality is many companies are experiencing a crisis of employee engagement and are simply not aware of it.
It’s time to apply the principles of Workforce Management (WFM) and here is our 7-step guide:
7 ways to raise the bar for employee engagement
- Change the leadership culture – good leaders instinctively know how to inspire their workforce and reward their efforts. They have a systematic way to measure the results of their actions and they are committed to making engagement not just a thing you do, but an intrinsic part of what it means to be a successful company. Larger organizations might even seek to hire a dedicated person with engagement written into their job description, a new form of CEO or “Chief Engagement Officer”.
- Communicate the strategic value of the individual - engaged people go above and beyond what is expected of them because they feel part of a purpose larger than themselves. For example, today’s customer service departments have a powerful role to play in sharing best-practice principles with the rest of the organization. Communicate corporate goals or business changes and demonstrate the strategic value each individual can bring to the overall success of the company. Next, use automated WFM technology to allocate quiet time with team members to exchange ideas and explore innovative ways of working in a relaxed, collaborative environment away from the pressures of serving customers.
- Re-consider the benefits of flexible working - flexible working has come a long way since traditional full-time and part-time contracts or job-sharing. Career breaks, sabbaticals, Pay-as-you-go arrangements in the form of zero-hour contracts, compressed, annualized working hours and even Time Off Without Pay (TOWP) - why not test some or all of these options? Then use advanced WFM technology to balance and schedule different contract types and see the difference flexible working makes to employee satisfaction.
- Empower employees with self-service – allowing people to take control of their work-life balance boosts engagement levels by reducing stress and absences. Liberate employees with a greater sense of independence, involvement and satisfaction by way of self-service options for preferred shifts, holiday requests and time off for medical appointments.
- Think about infusing AI into the employee experience - consider deploying artificial intelligence methods such as Chatbots to enhance internal communication and employee morale. Cut back on time-consuming staff monitoring and instead use bots that learn from existing data to help people manage their work-life balance. These bots can hold conversational chats to quickly notify staff of potential time off or overtime and create an easy balance between optimized customer service operations and greater employee freedom.
- Introduce fairness and transparency – automation promotes consistency and greater visibility of all WFM processes. High degrees of transparency and openness create a sense of fairness that appeals to staff while satisfying organizations with a strong Union or Works Council presence. Managers have the information they need to ensure all employees take it in turns to do the more unpopular shifts and plan vacation time equitably while employees have total visibility of each other’s schedules and time off through self-service.
- Effective Change Management – organizational change can be traumatic for employees but recently, Teleopti customers like Germany’s biggest online retailer OTTO, have cited the strategic impact that WFM technology has on actively advancing corporate Change Management programs. The flexibility, transparency and collaborative nature of WFM technology have helped OTTO to strike a good balance between achieving high productivity levels (1,600 agents working 2 million shifts and 4,500 shift rotations - handling over 24 million enquiries per year) and transferring the program’s core values of empowerment and fairness into 15 virtual contact centers.
Make your company a great place to work. Learn how to power employee engagement with WFM. To find out more, download Teleopti’s latest white paper aimed at senior executives: “A Guide to Sustainable Business Success: Powering CX and Employee Engagement with Workforce Management”
Publish Date: April 30, 2019 5:00 AM
2020 Buyers Guide Omnichannel
This real-time walldisplay is able to show every form of contact in a clear wallboard, with the necessary KPI’s per channel; like phone, chat, etc.
ContactPro empowers agents to efficiently serve customers in today's demanding world of Omni-Channel communication. The state-of-the-art technology solution helps contact centers to leverage their existing Avaya infrastructure while decreasing contact center costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
With a strong focus on Omni-Channel functionality ContactPro defines a new method for integrated traditional voice contacts, emails, fax and documents with modern web and smartphone communication for any WebRTC, chat, assistant browsing and file sharing, online presence, SMS/IM (text) and social media activities. Additionally, the web supervisor functions provide simple reporting and full me...
PH: +1 305 766 3264
CFront for Digital Communication Channels
CFront by Comsys is a state-of-the-art application that enriches contact centers with digital communication and collaboration capabilities. CFront is natively compatible with Aspect Unified IP and Cisco Unified Contact Center (UCCE/UCCX) platforms and connects them with all the major communication channels.
Comsys is a provider of οmnichannel customer engagement solutions that assist companies around the world in delivering unique customer experiences. For the last 15 years, Comsys designs and implements complex projects for clients from the outsourcing, financial services, telecommunications, and retail sectors. Comsys enjoys strategic partnerships with technology vendors like Cisco®, Aspe...
|9.)||Hodusoft Pvt. Ltd.|
Omnichannel Contact Center Software
"HoduCC" is a comprehensive and consolidated contact center software. It guarantees to provide the best call center software that suits best for all types of call centers. Being one of the top Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) solutions providers across the globe, HoduSoft ensures that this contact center software offers intelligence, security, and advanced features.
HoduCC has been designed in a way to make sure that user loyalty is built and the customers’ expectations are accomplished. Doesn’t matter what your business size is, HoduCC is most affordable Contact Center Software for small businesses as well.
HoduCC allows customer support teams to provide personal, productive phone...
View more from Calabrio
Recent Blog Posts:
|Data is everything in the new era of customer service||May 20, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Real-Time Adherence – the art of smarter scheduling||May 8, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Evolving employee engagement with Workforce Management (WFM)||April 30, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Guest Blog: There’s a brighter future for contact centre agents||April 12, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Centralized or de-centralized WFM: 5 ways to strike the perfect balance||April 8, 2019 5:00 AM|
|How patient are your customers? Erlang A may have the answer||March 25, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Evaluating if the integration between your WFM & CX platform will be a big “Yes”||February 25, 2019 5:00 AM|
|The whole organization is a customer service center – not everyone knows it yet!||February 4, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Resistance to change – the arch nemesis of customer experience||January 22, 2019 5:00 AM|
|5 steps to supercharge your customer service with contextual intelligence||January 7, 2019 5:00 AM|
Upcoming EventsSubmit Event