3 interview tips to ensure new hire success - Ceridian - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Workforce management is easier when the right team is in place, which means that hiring leaders should have processes and policies in place to ensure they’re choosing the right candidates.
Hiring the right employees is important for numerous reasons. Making calls like this is crucial. It affects morale, culture and productivity. Not to mention the cost of replacing any given employee can be significant. Josh Bersin, of Bersin by Deloitte, wrote about the various challenges that face employers who find themselves with high turnover rates.
He explained that tenured employees offer companies more value than those who cycle in and out. In addition, Bersin listed the various costs that companies with high turnover rates face:
- The cost of hiring, which includes advertising, interviewing and screening.
- Expenses associated with onboarding, such as training.
- Lower engagement as a result of higher turnover.
- Customer service mistakes and other errors.
- The cost of training.
- The loss of productivity. Bersin estimates it takes new hires between one and two years to reach the productivity levels of their predecessors.
- The cultural impact that comes with questions about turnover.
All of this seems to add up to one thing: High turnover rates are not good for a company, which means hiring right the first time is important. Job candidates should be considered as potential long-term employees rather than stop gaps. This can improve culture and engagement while simultaneously cutting costs.
Get leadership involved in the process
Culture is built from the top down, which makes it important for leadership to be involved in the hiring process, Entrepreneur noted. It is a company’s executives that ultimately decide how the company should be run, what sort of values matter most and where to focus. Leadership’s input into who should, or shouldn’t, be brought on board is important to maintaining culture and focus.
Stick with questions that get real answers
Sometimes interviews are filled with questions that require only yes or no answers. That won’t tell you anything about the candidate. Instead use questions to probe deeper, long-form responses from job candidates, Inc. suggested. The goal is to work around pre-rehearsed answers to get to the person behind the resume and talking points. This will show you whether he or she is really a good fit for the company.
Understand the four elements
Inc. listed four “super elements” that interviewers should get to the bottom of:
- Attitude: An individual’s attitude regarding work stays relatively the same over time, meaning a positive attitude about one job probably means the same outlook toward others. Try to determine what the candidate thinks of past work experiences.
- Culture fit: Leadership decides on culture and employees hold it together. Interviewers should look for people who fit in with the culture, rather than forcing them into it after the hire.
- Sense of accountability: Does the person have direct control over his or her environment? If so this is a good sign. “Locus of control” – internal versus external – is considered one of the strongest indicators of future career success, Inc. explained.
- Past successes: Whether a candidate has certain past job successes will indicate whether these achievements will continue in the future. Ask about how he or she succeeded at tasks the position in question requires.
Learning more about each of those four elements will help interviewers determine how the job candidate will fit in with the company.
Publish Date: March 25, 2016 5:00 AM
2020 Buyers Guide Outsourced Contact Center Services
|1.)||2P Perfect Presentation|
Customer Experience Services
Outsourced contact center services It is one of the most important service that provided by "2P" and specialize to provide services for the establishment and operation of contact centers, customer service and Customer Experience, the most important services provided by this unit are:
• Establish, manage and operate call centers and supply the required systems and applications.
• Customer Feedback Technology
• Social Account Management System (customer interaction, reports, marketing and e-publishing services)
• Customer Relationship Management System (CRM)
• Artificial Intelligence Systems and Automation Services (AI & Automation)
• Business Intelligence Technologies and Performance...
|2.)||31 West Global Services|
We offer after-hours, business hours & 24/7 customer support & help desk services. Over the last 17 years, we have helped 130+ small & mid-sized business companies across US & Europe.
Building Customer Support/Customer Success Team in Europe
PerfectQue specializes in building customer support/customer success teams in Europe that are integrated into you People, Process, and Products.
Global leader in business service outsourcing Teleperformance, provides easier, faster, simpler, safer, better and more cost-effective customer interactions management in 80 countries with 300.000 employees, in 256 different languages and dialects with its experience over 40 years across the world.
Teleperformance Turkey has been providing outstanding customer experience via customer services, customer acquisition (telesales & telemarketing), technical support, account receivables, BPO, social media management, analytics solutions and digital transformations projects to the world's leading companies since 1995 with 3.750 interaction experts in 5 locations (İstanbul, Balıkesir, Uşak and Anta...
Making business more human for the world’s most exciting brands
We live in an era of fast connectivity and AI. Today, human experiences have even more power to make businesses come to life in customers’ hearts and minds.
Webhelp is committed to making business more human.
It’s through this commitment that Webhelp enriches customer experience, and designs business solutions that create value for the world’s most exciting companies.
Webhelp is a partner across a range of services including customer experience solutions, social media moderation through to payment services.
Hundreds of brands across the world trust Webhelp because of their people, the culture they work in, and the ideas and technology they put to work.
Webhelp believes that Em...
View more from Ceridian
Recent Blog Posts:
|How you can win the war for talent, both now and in 2020||April 22, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Clopening: A Hidden Danger to the Customer Experience||April 11, 2016 5:00 AM|
|4 ways to foster teamwork||April 5, 2016 5:00 AM|
|3 interview tips to ensure new hire success||March 25, 2016 5:00 AM|
|3 reasons it’s important to go ‘all in’ with your HCM solution||March 15, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Mobile technology is transforming our approach to HCM||February 25, 2016 5:00 AM|