Future Is Now! A Vision of Customer Engagement in the Contact Center - Concentrix - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Today’s empowered customers have altered the ways products, services and, most importantly, information is utilized. Customers, and even prospects, expect effortless, personalized, and cohesive engagements at all times, from anywhere, and any device. In fact, they provide businesses with the information (read Big Data) needed to create personalized experiences every time they visit a site, post a comment, and start a search.
- John purchased a smartphone from XYZ company with a “need” to make video calls. But after receiving his phone, he finds the camera is not working.
- John dials the contact center; voice biometrics automatically authenticates his profile without seeking additional credentials.
- John is an existing customer of XYZ brand. His phone number and voice sample have been fetched from the credit card provider, which was registered in the company’s Contact Center CRM after his last purchase.
- The robot’s natural voice asks John the reasons for his call and presents the self-service dialogue menu. John replies, “The camera in my new phone doesn’t work.”
- The voice interface captures every element of his response, so John need not repeat anything, thus eliminating a major point of frustration with customers.
- John’s queue time is used effectively and seamlessly—there’s no waiting, transfers, or repeats. His problem is immediately heard, examined, and updated.
- Robot IVR provides the right recommendations to fix the problem.
- Speech analytics recognizes John’s agony threshold and moves his problem to Level 2. The system routes John to a live advisor and passes on all core information to her.
- During the call transfer, John gets useful information on the product, warranty, and features. The transfer time is less than 20 seconds, and never beyond 30.
- Advanced Workforce Management (WFM) tools and predictive analytics accurately forecast call center volumes to ensure adequate staffing, so that 95% of the calls are attended to within 20 seconds.
- Advanced ACD (Automatic Call Distribution), which uses McKinsey SATMAP technology, pairs John with the right advisor for personal rapport based on personality traits.
- Once the live advisor answers the call, Omni CRM analyzes the IVR exchange and proactively provides context and instructions to the advisor.
- Even before the advisor has finished self-introduction, the CRM provides her with recommendations and provides links to troubleshooting content.
- She breaks down the problem to John in simple language and diagnoses the smartphone’s glitch over the Internet to isolate the issue. She uses automatically-triggered knowledge base recommendations to identify a workable solution.
- She sets up a video call and takes him through the resolution process step by step. Now that John is relieved to have a working phone, the time is ripe to try a cross-sell/upsell offer.
- Based on an analysis of John’s demographic and psychographic profile, as well as his online activity and buying history, the solution (embedded with predictive and prescriptive analytics, algorithmic logic, and an omni view of the customer) lists the best personalized offers for John.
- The sample offers include memory upgrade to improve video speed, a free SIM card, reward points redemption and, possibly, a new phone.
- The XYZ company is also opening a new center in Santa Monica, California, less than 0.5 miles away from John’s residence, and is offering additional discounts on the opening day.
- John finds these offers attractive and contextually appropriate.
- During John’s interaction, behind the scenes, an auto-survey analyzes the full exchange based on voice tone, stress level, and other indicators. It then provides a CSAT score and quality results for management.
- An e-learning tool captures the screens and call recording as an input for a “great call,” which is used in simulated training for new hires.
- Days after the call, John receives a follow-up message from the same advisor to confirm that his problem has been fixed and to check any issues he may need help with. The advisor reveals the company has created a self-service instructional video on John’s problem and the resolution for the benefit of other customers who purchased the same product.
- John is delighted with the overall experience despite his frustration initially. John’s perception of the XYZ smartphone and the company has changed, and he recommends it to others in every social channel.
- Integrate information and processes across the enterprise to deliver a unified view of their customers to enable effective omni-channel conversations.
- Redefine business rules and workflows to ensure algorithmic seamlessness across value chains.
- Harness both structured and unstructured data to direct near-autonomous, intelligently-personalized interactions. Customers’ desires should be central to business. If contact center services and technologies fail to evolve, and fail to meet the aspirations of the customer of the future as well as gauge omni-channel conversations and customer intent, businesses will face significant gaps in capturing, engaging, or retaining customers. It’s time to take a leap into the future and redesign your contact center business around the new, empowered customer.
Publish Date: October 21, 2015 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
|PREMIUMFuture Gen International Pte Ltd|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Outsourcing provider of English Call Centre services, Audio Transcriptions, Big Data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) , Big Data Visualization, Big Data Predictive Model Generation
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Advanced AI technology and Natural Language Processing delivered to clients in the Cloud that harnesses both voice and digital conversations. The focus is on building an environment where intelligent ...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
HigherGround develops data collection, information storage, and interaction analytics solutions that easily transform data into actionable intelligence, enabling operational optimization, enhanced per...
View more from Concentrix
Recent Blog Posts:
|A Good Start is Just the Start||May 25, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Improving the Customer Journey||May 18, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Are you prepared for the direct booking push?||May 17, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Collections: There’s So Much We Can Do for You!||April 12, 2016 5:00 AM|
|The Future of Learning—The Young Are Restless!||March 23, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Addressing the Challenges in Creating a Single Customer View||March 16, 2016 5:00 AM|
|The Changing Landscape of Banking: Meet “The New Normal”||February 17, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Voices Spoke To Me About Insurance Business Transformation||February 10, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Predictive analytics holds the key to anticipating your customer’s travel needs||February 3, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Concentrix Sweeps Netgear Summit in Hong Kong||February 2, 2016 5:00 AM|