The Future of Learning—The Young Are Restless! - Concentrix - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
According to Global Trends, by 2030, 75% of the workforce will comprise Generation Y, and a significant percentage of today’s young talent will grow into leadership positions. How you engage with these employees, particularly during training, is critical to the success of your employees and your organization.
- Treat them as mature individuals. For a curious generation fed on Google, information about their job responsibilities is not a classified secret. But many trainers assume that participants are either completely ignorant or, at best, inadequately qualified. As a result, youngsters often find training programs patronizing, non-inclusive and, sometimes, plain boring. The movement from teaching to facilitation enables participants to share and contribute what they know and build from there, much like comparing the features of a smartphone on a Website with a friend.
- Make it social and fun. During training sessions, participants visiting Facebook and other social media channels is common. Instead of tightening the rules, allow them to navigate social media sites that support learning and participate in them. The more social the environment, the more open it is to new perspectives. Small group exercises that allow participants to explore, fumble, and enjoy in a supportive environment are easy to integrate into “old-school” courses. Incorporating such tools into training will ensure employee engagement in a manner they’re comfortable with.
- Embrace technology. The forecast is clear—trainers of today will lose the battle against the smartphone or any other futuristic devices. Just-in-time learning delivered through apps, the use of social platforms inside and outside the classroom, and technology-based simulators are examples of tools that resonate with today’s generation.
- Gamify and reward. Gamification is here to stay. Traditional forms of classroom engagement are passé. Today, it’s not enough to make learning fun. It has to be challenging, with immediate accomplishments and rewards. Badges, points, credits, coins—you need all of that good stuff to transform monotonous demonstrations and practice sessions into something the class looks forward to every time.
- Personalize without getting personal. Thankfully, one old-fashioned method still works. Aon Hewitt’s 2014 engagement survey points out that “career opportunities” was the top driver of employee engagement worldwide. Making an effort to understand participants’ career motivations will significantly help courses appear more relevant. It also can make trainers more empathetic toward participants and lets them experiment without the fear of failure. However, learning to respect personal boundaries is equally important—the introverts are probably the ones with the greatest career focus and potential.
Publish Date: March 23, 2016 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
CTI Software is the creator of custom application called Davos, which complements the telephone client solutions with intelligent features such as automated call attendant, call recording and archivin...
|PREMIUMFuture Gen International Pte Ltd|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Outsourcing provider of English Call Centre services, Audio Transcriptions, Big Data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) , Big Data Visualization, Big Data Predictive Model Generation
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
HigherGround develops data collection, information storage, and interaction analytics solutions that easily transform data into actionable intelligence, enabling operational optimization, enhanced per...
View more from Concentrix
Recent Blog Posts:
|A Good Start is Just the Start||May 25, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Improving the Customer Journey||May 18, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Are you prepared for the direct booking push?||May 17, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Collections: There’s So Much We Can Do for You!||April 12, 2016 5:00 AM|
|The Future of Learning—The Young Are Restless!||March 23, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Addressing the Challenges in Creating a Single Customer View||March 16, 2016 5:00 AM|
|The Changing Landscape of Banking: Meet “The New Normal”||February 17, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Voices Spoke To Me About Insurance Business Transformation||February 10, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Predictive analytics holds the key to anticipating your customer’s travel needs||February 3, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Concentrix Sweeps Netgear Summit in Hong Kong||February 2, 2016 5:00 AM|