Don’t Let a Blizzard Freeze Your Contact Center - Contact Solutions Inc. - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Groundhog Day took place just a few short days ago, and, as you might know, Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow, which means there is an early forecast for spring. Though many of us cannot even imagine sunshine and warm weather after the blizzards that have swept the nation recently. While most of us were stuck inside our houses for days binge watching Netflix, there were a lot of people at contact centers around the country working hard to keep the power and heat on for their customers. But, running an effective customer service center in the midst of a state of emergency isn’t a fluke. Want to know the key to executing an efficient customer service center during a crisis? Create a disaster-proof plan. Here are some ways to improve your network reliability and prevent an outage during the blizzard season:
- Develop a crisis-management plan and test it – Creating, implementing and maintaining a disaster-recovery and business continuity plan is extremely critical to your business’ survival. It is also important to test out your plan multiple times to ensure that it works and is ready in the event of a network outage or disaster.
- Follow the 3,2,1 rule - Have a backup solution for your backup solution: three copies of your data, stored on two different kinds of media, with one of them stored offsite. Investing in a cloud service platform to store your data backups is the best way to ensure that your most critical information is protected during a state of emergency.
- Open communication – Communicate in advance with your employees and customers of who may be affected. Let them know if the inclement weather will impact your service to your customers and make sure to keep them posted with updates.
- Know your vendor’s contingency plans – Make sure you have an open line of communication with not only your customers, but also your vendors. This is important so you can keep your customers informed of how much disruption there will be to their service.
- Safeguard your data – During a state of emergency, there are a lot people trying to access data and information, which results into a greater potential than normal for a malicious compromise of your network.
Don’t wait until the next Snowmageddon to develop a disaster-proof plan, start planning now so you can be prepared. Practice makes perfect therefore it is important to efficiently train your employees so they know what to do in the incident of a state of emergency. As our good friend Ned Stark once said: #WinterisComing.
*Photo Credit: Meme Generator
Publish Date: February 4, 2016 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Advanced AI technology and Natural Language Processing delivered to clients in the Cloud that harnesses both voice and digital conversations. The focus is on building an environment where intelligent ...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
CTI Software is the creator of custom application called Davos, which complements the telephone client solutions with intelligent features such as automated call attendant, call recording and archivin...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
HigherGround develops data collection, information storage, and interaction analytics solutions that easily transform data into actionable intelligence, enabling operational optimization, enhanced per...
View more from Contact Solutions Inc.
Recent Blog Posts:
|WashingtonExec Features Tim McCurry, Director of IVR Solutions, on Agency Fraud Prevention Strategies||April 15, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Is Your Company Asking the Right Questions During Customer Service Interactions?||March 13, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Cloud-Based Customer Service and Customer Experience: Verint’s Acquisition of Contact Solutions||March 2, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Verint Extends Omnichannel Engagement Strategy Deeper into the Enterprise||March 1, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Verint + Contact Solutions: Taking Omnichannel Engagement to New Heights with Real-Time, Contextual Self-Service||February 20, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Don’t Let a Blizzard Freeze Your Contact Center||February 4, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Make the Switch to the Cloud||June 9, 2015 5:00 AM|
|5 Call Center Trends in the Customer Engagement Market You Can Expect in 2015||April 23, 2015 5:00 AM|
|Why the SaaS Business Model Must Change to RaaS||January 30, 2015 5:00 AM|