Getting out of summer doldrums - eGain Corporation - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Well, I read that autumn just began this week though I’m not so sure given the recent heat wave in the Bay Area! While the Northern Hemisphere might be inching its way out of summer doldrums, it appears that omnichannel customer service is not getting out of it, according to the recent Forrester survey of 10,000 consumers, sponsored by eGain. Here are some details on the doldrums.
A majority of consumers rated customer service as “about the same” or “worse” in all the modes of customer service; the percentage of consumers feeling that way for each mode is listed below:
- Omnichannel service
- Multiple channels in the same interaction: 65%
- Multiple people (service personnel) in the same interaction: 70%
- Individual channels did not perform well either; here are corresponding numbers:
- Call center: 68%, IVR: 67%, Web self-service: 63%, Agent-assisted web customer service: 61%
To understand the reasons behind the doldrums, Forrester asked consumers about what was creating bad experiences. The verdict was clear – the top pain points were inconsistent answers, lack of knowledge among agents, and difficulty of finding answers on websites, all having to do with knowledge. In fact, symptoms like repeat calls, long wait times, long handle times, etc. might very well be the result of this root cause.
From doldrums to delight (for the customer and you)
- The good news is you can kill the above three pain birds with one stone with eGain Knowledge™.
- Make sure to take a hub approach to customer engagement for 360° context and analytics.
- Go with bimodal IT with agile engagement systems leveraging your relatively static systems of record (e.g., CRM and backend systems). But make sure your customer engagement solution provider offers a safe way with best-practice guidance to quick value in mode 2 to be successful in operationalizing bimodal customer engagement.
These three best practices will take you from doldrums to delight even if the planet stays in perpetual doldrums due to global warming, which reminds me – I need to take my Hummer for scheduled maintenance!
Publish Date: September 25, 2015 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Аутсорсинговый контакт-центр ConceptCall| КонцептКолл специализируется на исходящем и входящем телемаркетинге: мы предоставляем услуги по осуществлению холодных звонков и продажи по телефону, проводим...
|PREMIUMFuture Gen International Pte Ltd|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Outsourcing provider of English Call Centre services, Audio Transcriptions, Big Data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) , Big Data Visualization, Big Data Predictive Model Generation
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Advanced AI technology and Natural Language Processing delivered to clients in the Cloud that harnesses both voice and digital conversations. The focus is on building an environment where intelligent ...
View more from eGain Corporation
Recent Blog Posts:
|Sorry, Kaplan and Norton, you need to invent an “unbalanced scorecard” for knowledge-powered contact centers!||April 8, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Trafalgar Square Pigeons Coo No More (No, we didn’t mean to tweak nature!)||December 24, 2015 5:00 AM|
|Elevate customer engagement to the cloud – Part 2||October 14, 2015 5:00 AM|
|Elevate customer engagement to the cloud – Part 1||October 12, 2015 5:00 AM|
|Getting out of summer doldrums||September 25, 2015 5:00 AM|
|7 Reasons to attend eGain Digital Summit||June 23, 2015 5:00 AM|
|No Pain, All Gain (When it is Customer Pain)||April 29, 2015 5:00 AM|
|Yes, equality is no myth and everyone can get into the top 1%!||March 25, 2015 5:00 AM|