15 Statistics That Should Change The Business World – But Haven’t - Fenero - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
By Colin Shaw
It still surprises me, even in this day and age, how many people still need convincing that improving the Customer Experience will generate revenue and save costs. As I read a great blog the other day, which highlights many stats from reputable sources clearly showing that improving your Customer Experience drives revenues and save costs, it made me wonder why people still question this.
Here are my top 15 favorite stats from this list:
1. Price is not the main reason for customer churn, it is actually due to the overall poor quality of customer service - Accenture global customer satisfaction report 2008.
2. A customer is 4 times more likely to defect to a competitor if the problem is service-related than price- or product-related -Bain & Company.
3. The probability of selling to an existing customer is 60 – 70%. The probability of selling to a new prospect is 5-20% -Marketing Metrics.
4. For every customer complaint there are 26 other unhappy customers who have remained silent -Lee Resource.
5. A 2% increase in customer retention has the same effect as decreasing costs by 10% -Leading on the Edge of Chaos, Emmet Murphy & Mark Murphy.
6. 96% of unhappy customers don’t complain, however 91% of those will simply leave and never come back - 1Financial Training services.
7. A dissatisfied customer will tell between 9-15 people about their experience. Around 13% of dissatisfied customers tell more than 20 people. - White House Office of Consumer Affairs.
8. Happy customers who get their issue resolved tell about 4-6 people about their experience. - White House Office of Consumer Affair.
9. 70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels they are being treated -McKinsey.
10. 55% of customers would pay extra to guarantee a betterservice - Defaqto research.
11. Customers who rate you 5 on a scale from 1 to 5 are six times more likely to buy from you again, compared to ‘only’ giving you a score of 4.8. -TeleFaction data research.
12. It takes 12 positive experiences to make up for one unresolved negative experience - “Understanding Customers” by Ruby Newell-Legner.
13. A 5% reduction in the customer defection rate can increase profits by 5 – 95% -Bain & Company.
14. It costs 6-7 times more to acquire a new customer than retain an existing one - Bain & Company.
15. eCommerce spending for new customers is on average $24.50, compared to $52.50 for repeat customers - McKinsey.
So my question to you is this: with this weight of evidence, why do organizations still not truly focus on improving the Customer Experience?
Photo Credit – www.onehourtranslation.com
Since 2000, SCC Services Group has been successfully providing services to the Automotive, Banking, Financial Services, Travel, Telecommunication and Retail Call Center organizations. This depth of experience is complemented by our commitment to service excellence, a healthy corporate culture, and a highly skilled team. If you are interested in learning more about SCC Services Group consulting or business services offerings and how we can assist your organization improve its overall performance please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publish Date: December 30, 2014 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
HigherGround develops data collection, information storage, and interaction analytics solutions that easily transform data into actionable intelligence, enabling operational optimization, enhanced per...
|PREMIUMFuture Gen International Pte Ltd|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Outsourcing provider of English Call Centre services, Audio Transcriptions, Big Data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) , Big Data Visualization, Big Data Predictive Model Generation
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Advanced AI technology and Natural Language Processing delivered to clients in the Cloud that harnesses both voice and digital conversations. The focus is on building an environment where intelligent ...
View more from Fenero
Recent Blog Posts:
|De-Stress Your Call Center: How to Manage In a Stressful Environment||October 31, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Ten Simple Strategies for Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty||August 15, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery in Customer Service||August 1, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Press Release: Fenero Announces WebPhone Launch, Enabling Real-Time Contact Center Connections In The Cloud||July 19, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Getting Your Team in the Zone||July 12, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Customer Experience Statistics||July 5, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Hiring the Right Talent||December 5, 2015 5:00 AM|
|Fenero Awarded 2015 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award||August 24, 2015 5:00 AM|
|Customer Service Statistics||May 9, 2015 5:00 AM|
|Customer Service Tips to Handle Complaints and Keep Customers Happy||April 3, 2015 5:00 AM|