5 Reasons Job Simulations are a Pre-Hire Must for Call Cente... - FurstPerson - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
As many top call centers have already discovered, pre-hire job simulations are an incredibly effective way to find the people who embody the work culture you want and the superior service and support your customers demand.
Multimedia job simulations allow you to conduct a holistic candidate evaluation, gaining insight not only into your candidate’s skills and abilities, but into whether or not he or she will be motivated on the job and remain in the position for the long term. That's the talent acquisition equivalent of having your cake and eating it too.
Here are 5 reasons pre-hire call center simulations are a must for hiring frontline representatives:
- Simulations gauge job-relevant behaviors: Job simulations provide visual assets, audio files, question formats, and characters that mimic those that will be encountered on the job. Within minutes of beginning the simulation, candidates must grapple with complex customer issues, deal with angry callers, and learn to navigate a new software system.
- Applicants may feel better about taking simulations than tests: Most candidates want to feel some degree of control over their job search and application process. Unlike static paper and pencil tests, simulations allow candidates to apply job-relevant skills during the pre-hire process.
- Simulations can be shorter than other testing forms: The better a simulation represents the environment in which candidates will be working, the more expedient they can be. Multimedia simulations provide an accurate perspective of the role as well as a quicker method of assessment.
- Simulations directly measure job knowledge: While paper and pencil tests usually measure things that lead to job knowledge, a customized call center simulation allows candidates to step into an environment closely resembling the one they’ll be working in.
- Candidates can self-select out of the hiring process: Not everyone who has the skills, knowledge and abilities to succeed in the job will like the job. Simulations demonstrate what the job is like, giving applicants who don’t like the job the opportunity to drop out of the process.
The true value of multimedia job simulations provides additional candidate gifts well beyond the scope of your specific job requisition. From providing realistic job previews to developing execution capability, customized call center simulations have a multitude of advantages and applications. In fact, some of our clients have experienced as much as a 22% increase in call quality after implementation, leading to benefits like 30% higher revenue per call and 39% lower 0 - 90 day attrition.
Download your free copy of the whitepaper below and discover the benefits of using multimedia job simulations as part of a comprehensive pre-hiring process, or schedule a free consultation with one of our talent selection specialists.
Publish Date: August 3, 2016 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
CTI Software is the creator of custom application called Davos, which complements the telephone client solutions with intelligent features such as automated call attendant, call recording and archivin...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
HigherGround develops data collection, information storage, and interaction analytics solutions that easily transform data into actionable intelligence, enabling operational optimization, enhanced per...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Advanced AI technology and Natural Language Processing delivered to clients in the Cloud that harnesses both voice and digital conversations. The focus is on building an environment where intelligent ...
View more from FurstPerson
Recent Blog Posts:
|Transforming Cultures of Call Center Attrition - Part 3||February 6, 2018 5:00 AM|
|Transforming Cultures of Call Center Attrition - Part 2||January 31, 2018 5:00 AM|
|Transforming Cultures of Call Center Attrition - Part 1||January 29, 2018 5:00 AM|
|Where Can You Find the Best Contact Center Agents?||October 25, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Upgrading Your Talent with a Quality of Hire Scorecard||September 21, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Improving Customer Satisfaction: 5 Drivers to Set Your Compa...||August 31, 2016 5:00 AM|
|With Calls Getting Tougher, Call Center Simulations Help You...||August 29, 2016 5:00 AM|
|5 Reasons Your New Hires Are Failing||August 26, 2016 5:00 AM|
|5 Customer Service Interview Questions Every Manager Should ...||August 17, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Avoid These 6 Harmful Hiring Mistakes with Talent Assessment...||August 15, 2016 5:00 AM|