CX Trends Forecast Disrupter No. 1: 5 Ways to Reduce Effort - Hinduja Global Solutions Ltd. - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Posted by Lauren Kindzierski
HGS recently released a white paper on this year’s 10 customer experience disrupters—those that are sure to alter the CX landscape this year. Over the next few months, we’ll dedicate a blog to each of these CX game changers. Here we dissect Disrupter No. 1, Reducing Customer Effort, highlighting five strategies designed to reduce the burden on the customer for an improved and more frictionless CX to ultimately drive a higher CSAT and NPS score for your business.
Leading to Low Effort
What do customers really want? It’s an efficient, satisfactory solution to their queries, according to a recent study conducted by the Corporate Executive Board and published by the Harvard Business Review. The study demonstrated that reducing customer effort increases the likelihood that the customer will return, increases the amount they will spend and increases their propensity to speak positively about the company – in other words they will become more loyal. The research also states that low effort scores led to a 94% likelihood to repurchase and an 88% chance to increase spend. All the more reason to initiate these five strategies for a better CX:
- Ensure self-assessment of customer service processes. Self-assessment is a great way of understanding the effectiveness of the customer experience process. A customer journey map will determine where you are at in your digital transformation. At each customer touchpoint, how much effort are customers putting forth? The right map will cover all digital channels: text, chat, web, and social, as well as voice. Review the entire customer journey for an apt understanding of processes that push customers to invest too much effort. Only then will your digital transformation strategy address your greatest CX weaknesses—those processes and pain points that exact the most customer effort.
- Analyze the voice of your customer. Gather, act, and analyze customer feedback to ensure your understanding of high- effort touchpoints. This analysis should reach all levels of CX—beyond customer surveys, for the most comprehensive, detailed feedback (that also reflects your digital delivery). Compile customer chat transcripts, text messages, and emails, as well as customer surveys, to decode customer input with analytics.
- Take a more strategic approach to self-service. Self-service should be the foundation for future customer interactions, with agent assistance integrated in seamlessly when it adds value to the consumer’s interaction. Keeping up means focusing on outcomes, like measuring the effectiveness of FAQs in terms of resolving customer issues and applying interaction analytics to top contact driver analysis. Aim for a smart, seamless user experience that drives automation first. For example, FAQ resolution measurement can reveal important structural challenges to predictive resolution to customer queries, such as pushing out how-to videos. At HGS, we’ve measured and rebuilt self-service for one client to design a device-agnostic platform, for a resulting 97% query resolution rate online, in just 90 days. Comprising knowledge management, CRM, and analytics capabilities, this DNA tool empower self-service and addresses customer queries at the earliest touchpoint, for optimized customer experience. These types of strategic tools and innovation will streamline and simplify your customer experience to help customers find the information they need quickly and efficiently.
- Get ready: The bots are coming. It’s important to embrace the disruption—those innovative tools that add automation to your self-service delivery. Today more third-party providers are focused on automation for more efficient and cost-effective workflows. This means bots—the delivery method of robotic automation. And bots bring real outcomes—cost benefits and improved efficiency over manual process handling and ability to leverage application software without integration. In the front office, automation is improving experiences for customers by getting them the right answer, fast. In fact, HGS has been able to employ bots to unlock for our clients results like reduced processing time by about 75% in some of the processes. And you aren’t losing out on tone of CX delivery—today’s bots use natural language so customers never know there isn’t a live agent behind delivery. Autotext, autochat, autosocial: Add this innovation to your self-service delivery, for CX that meets today’s demand.
- Employ digital for proactive, optimized CX. Digital tools are breaking barriers in terms of redefining the customer experience. For example, with SMS service delivery, businesses can make transformational improvements in customer experience, with alerts and prompts, such as bill payment reminders, order status updates, and warranty expiration notices. Today’s innovation is geared toward this level of proactive service, which ultimately boosts CX and also drives significant operational performance improvement.
These five straightforward strategies will help your customers get the right answer, fast, for optimize customer experience. Reducing your customers’ effort will allow your company to focus more on your core business and aim for higher quality work with relative ease.
Publish Date: June 15, 2016 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Аутсорсинговый контакт-центр ConceptCall| КонцептКолл специализируется на исходящем и входящем телемаркетинге: мы предоставляем услуги по осуществлению холодных звонков и продажи по телефону, проводим...
|PREMIUMFuture Gen International Pte Ltd|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Outsourcing provider of English Call Centre services, Audio Transcriptions, Big Data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) , Big Data Visualization, Big Data Predictive Model Generation
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
HigherGround develops data collection, information storage, and interaction analytics solutions that easily transform data into actionable intelligence, enabling operational optimization, enhanced per...
View more from Hinduja Global Solutions Ltd.
Recent Blog Posts:
|I See You: Staging Better CX, Using Video||June 20, 2018 5:00 AM|
|3 Ways Social Media Can Make (or Break) Your CX||June 12, 2018 5:00 AM|
|How to Automate Enterprises for Cost Takeout and Enhanced CX||June 6, 2018 5:00 AM|
|3 Ways the Cloud Opens Horizons for CX||August 3, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Turn to BPO Experts for Better Workers’ Comp Outcomes||July 27, 2016 5:00 AM|
|5 Traits of Customer-Obsessed Companies||July 13, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Combine AI and the Human Touch for Exceptional Customer Service||June 29, 2016 5:00 AM|
|CX Trends Forecast Disrupter No. 1: 5 Ways to Reduce Effort||June 15, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Payers Seek Cost, Integration Efficiencies in a Value-Based World||May 18, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Your Customers Are Chatting: Insights from the Front Lines||May 11, 2016 5:00 AM|