How to Automate Enterprises for Cost Takeout and Enhanced CX - Hinduja Global Solutions Ltd. - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
The second installment of the HGS India webinar series, “How to Automate Enterprises for Cost Takeout and Enhanced CX,” was held on May 24. At this webinar, HGS Senior Vice President of Business Transformation and Innovation, Ram Mohan Natarajan, elaborated on using automation to find the right balance between cost transformation and enhanced customer experience.
Key webinar takeaways were:
- Industry adoption trends in automation
- An intelligent automation approach leading with bots and brains
- The impact of automation in reducing cost, improving quality, and getting the right answer fast
The webinar takeaways were bolstered by a discussion of both back office and front office processes that can be automated with considerable business impact. The webinar also provided actual examples where automation solutions have been implemented and used to deliver significant benefits for companies across industries.
We also asked some poll questions during the webinar to understand and measure audience opinions about the webinar topics:
- Per our first poll question, “Is your organisation currently predominantly focused on cost optimisation?,” an impressive 56% of participants said they are focused on optimising cost in both back office and customer-facing processes, with 25% saying that they are concentrating on the cost of customer -facing processes, and 19% of respondents optimising cost only for back office processes.
- The second poll question “Are you using any of these in your organisation?” signaled interesting trends on technology adoption, with 46% of respondents having implemented RPA in their organisation, 23% using both RPA and chatbots, 15% saying they use only chatbots, and another 15% stating that they do not use of these technologies in their companies.
- The answers to the third and last poll question “Do you think chatbots will be able to answer most of the queries in the next 2-3 years?” bode well for the future of chatbots, with 56% of webinar participants saying that they do think chatbots’ answering capabilities will strengthen over the next two to three years. Another 19% responded that they don’t think this will happen and 25% state that it will take longer than two to three years for chatbots to have an impact.
The collective opinion sample of the overall poll responses pointed toward a market that has already adopted automation to a considerable extent and is open to increasing that adoption percentage.
During the concluding minutes of the webinar, participants were invited to have their questions answered by Ram:
Q1: Should automated webchat solutions be proactive or reactive?
A: There may be solutions, in some cases, that could be proactive. Sometimes, though, there is learning required—we have to learn, and the system also has to learn. We need to ensure that the data gets captured first and the system is able to learn, and then be able to become proactive. For those of us who have not started off on the journey, it might be easier to pick up what is already available, and automate that. I would not necessarily suggest this for the simpler tasks, but at least the repetitive tasks. And that way you start getting the business benefits and you start moving up the value chain. You’ll be able to churn huge amounts of data for your bot to be able to be more proactive.
Q2: How do these chatbots behave in a multi-language environment with different types of consumers?
A: I don’t see too much challenge these days on multi-language. If you look at even freely available tools like Google Translate or any of those available in the market, they are fairly advanced now. So I wouldn’t consider language as a constraint. Rather it’s about, what you want to achieve? What’s your objective? Is it about customer experience or taking cost out? The journey you take will depend on your answer to that question.
Q3: Are most of the benefits to do with costs or accuracy?
A: This is an interesting question. Many people actually start thinking about their business case first and the first logical thing that comes to all our minds is, “I need to save on my costs. I have got 20 people doing the work. Can I eliminate headcount?” Sometimes it is fascinating to see what impact accuracy can have on automation. You know there are bots today that we have implemented for clients that actually impact millions of dollars. Here we are not talking about saving 10 people, but eliminating human error has a much bigger ramification for the company than actually reducing people. Similarly, we have automated processes at the front end that have to do with building the product for a healthcare client. One mistake there can affect all the claims that come in the future. While yes, automation did save on people doing work, the much bigger benefit was with the impact on the downstream processes. These effects are manifold, compared to the small cost savings that could have accrued just by reducing people.
Publish Date: June 6, 2018 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Advanced AI technology and Natural Language Processing delivered to clients in the Cloud that harnesses both voice and digital conversations. The focus is on building an environment where intelligent ...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Аутсорсинговый контакт-центр ConceptCall| КонцептКолл специализируется на исходящем и входящем телемаркетинге: мы предоставляем услуги по осуществлению холодных звонков и продажи по телефону, проводим...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
HigherGround develops data collection, information storage, and interaction analytics solutions that easily transform data into actionable intelligence, enabling operational optimization, enhanced per...
View more from Hinduja Global Solutions Ltd.
Recent Blog Posts:
|I See You: Staging Better CX, Using Video||June 20, 2018 5:00 AM|
|3 Ways Social Media Can Make (or Break) Your CX||June 12, 2018 5:00 AM|
|How to Automate Enterprises for Cost Takeout and Enhanced CX||June 6, 2018 5:00 AM|
|3 Ways the Cloud Opens Horizons for CX||August 3, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Turn to BPO Experts for Better Workers’ Comp Outcomes||July 27, 2016 5:00 AM|
|5 Traits of Customer-Obsessed Companies||July 13, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Combine AI and the Human Touch for Exceptional Customer Service||June 29, 2016 5:00 AM|
|CX Trends Forecast Disrupter No. 1: 5 Ways to Reduce Effort||June 15, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Payers Seek Cost, Integration Efficiencies in a Value-Based World||May 18, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Your Customers Are Chatting: Insights from the Front Lines||May 11, 2016 5:00 AM|