Who should own your social media - Marketing or Customer Service - and why? - Netcall - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
In the previous two blogs of the series, we discussed the business case for Marketing and Customer Service owning your organisation’s social media platforms. Each department made a strong case for their ownership, but does it need to be one or the other?
Instead of conflict, consider the impact and customer value when you use ‘@brand’ to represent the main social forums and ‘@brandhelp’ represents your customer service social forums. These two personas then work in partnership to transform your customers’ experience.
When you align your marketing and customer service teams you deliver more for less. For example ‘@brandhelp’ will be prepared for an increase in demand as a result of marketing acquisition campaigns. Additionally:
- Your operations department are able to ensure there is enough stock to cope with a promotion
- The immediate feedback you receive via Twitter will provide you with real-time data
- Daily update meetings (scrum style) will inform your teams, we suggest five minutes every morning:
- What happened yesterday?
- What needs to happen today?
- Any issues stopping actions?
Are you asking the right questions for social media campaign success?
Meet increasing customer expectations and maximise the benefits of social for your organisation with a multichannel response. Before you make any decision about the appropriate tools, ensure that you are able to:
- Provide both marketing and customer service the visibility they need to collaborate while supporting customers
- Automate data collection from a variety of social channels
- Integrate queries from multiple social media channels into your existing processes
- Support agents to simplify workflow, automate, and prioritise mentions in a single interface
- Monitor agent activity in real-time on dashboards and with tailored reports
- Empower supervisors to flexibly control delivery and authority by agent
- Provide useful standard answers together with staged approval processes
- Deliver consistent quality and compliance with applicable regulations
- Report on all performance - brand and agent activity - in real–time.
When marketing teams use the same tool as their customer service colleagues it builds communication bridges and silos are broken. For example, frontline service teams can see scheduled content, are kept informed on campaigns and are able to plan their resources for any inbound service peaks.
Consider this advice from Martin Hill-Wilson, Brainfood Consulting:
“Social customer service is an open tap for content hungry marketers. The smart ones have already scheduled weekly news story sessions with their service colleagues”.
See how your organisation can deploy an integrated solution that provides a transparent platform with real-time planning, control and reporting – ask us how...
Publish Date: March 10, 2016 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
|PREMIUMFuture Gen International Pte Ltd|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Outsourcing provider of English Call Centre services, Audio Transcriptions, Big Data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) , Big Data Visualization, Big Data Predictive Model Generation
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Аутсорсинговый контакт-центр ConceptCall| КонцептКолл специализируется на исходящем и входящем телемаркетинге: мы предоставляем услуги по осуществлению холодных звонков и продажи по телефону, проводим...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Advanced AI technology and Natural Language Processing delivered to clients in the Cloud that harnesses both voice and digital conversations. The focus is on building an environment where intelligent ...
View more from Netcall
Recent Blog Posts:
|How to secure more budget for your contact centre||May 9, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Liberty Contact Centre is certified for Skype for Business Server 2015||May 2, 2017 5:00 AM|
|4 best practices when moving your contact centre to the cloud||April 28, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Agent journey mapping: the secret to even better CX?||April 18, 2017 5:00 AM|
|10 ways to improve customer experience - part 2||April 11, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Complaints about nuisance calls are rising - help customers welcome your calls||January 18, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Three stages to achieve end-to-end customer experience||December 22, 2016 5:00 AM|
|3 Tech Investment Trends in Contact Centres||December 15, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Identify individual training needs for each agent – without management burnout||November 28, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Three steps to matching customer expectations||August 15, 2016 5:00 AM|