Much ado about bots: How to choose the right enterprise chatbot - Nuance - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
When the question for your enterprise business is no longer “To bot, or not to bot” but instead is “Which bot?”, where do you start to find the answer?
First, you must understand what large enterprises require in a chatbot. Consider these 7 guidelines for choosing a chatbot for your enterprise brand.
- Enterprise chatbots (or virtual assistants) should have secure multifactor authentication through biometrics to ensure your customers are who they say they are without ever leaving the virtual agent conversation. Enterprise chatbots must also meet the stringent data privacy and security standards of large enterprises.
- The chatbot must be implemented across the whole of a robust digital engagement platform - web, mobile web, mobile app, SMS, Facebook Messenger, IVR, social, and IOT. Chatbots can be instrumental in deflecting calls from IVR to digital channels, or in fielding common questions on digital channels, leaving the more complex customer tasks to a live chat agent. The VA should also have visibility to the full user journey, giving them context of the customer’s inquiry, enabling them to resolve the issue more quickly.
- Enterprise chatbots must be connected to live assistance. Nothing is more frustrating to a customer than for a virtual assistant to provide irrelevant responses to their inquiries. You must provide customers with real human contact via live chat when issues are more intricate than a frequently asked question. Plus, the live chat agent can be available to help the chatbot behind the scenes. At Nuance, this is called Nina Coach.
- The chatbot must be continuously learning, not only from its own interactions, but more importantly, from live chat conversations. Chat transcripts contain person-to-person conversations that provide valuable insights from which the VA can learn and grow.
- Enterprise chatbots should come with full access to professional services from experts who understand the inner-workings of virtual assistance in an omni-channel environment. A virtual assistant should never be a set-it-and-forget-it product when it comes to the many variables of your enterprise customer engagement.
- An enterprise chatbot must be powered by Natural Language Understanding, enabling conversations between humans and computers. On an enterprise scale, NLU needs to have capacity for global languages, grammar accuracy checking, content variations, and should be scalable to accommodate the vastness of global communications.
- Enterprise chatbots should integrate analytics to view the big picture and seize optimization opportunities. Rich data, reporting and analytics provide powerful insights that are crucial to performance improvements.
With customer loyalty and revenue at stake, selecting the right chatbot for your organization can make or break your customer service success. Using the above guidelines can get you off on the right foot towards your selection. If you want to learn more and dive deeper into this process, join us for the upcoming webinar, Key Considerations for Selecting the Right Chatbot for Enterprise Customer Service on October 3, at 11am ET/8am PT. Register here!
Publish Date: September 28, 2017 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...
Astro Malaysia Holdings Bhd is Southeast Asia’s integrated media group with key operations in pay-TV, Radio, Content and Digital. Astro today has a 66% penetration of TV homes in Malaysia or 4.7 milli...
Interactions’ Virtual Assistant is revolutionizing voice automation for customer care. Our conversational technology enables customers to quickly and easily accomplish more in self-service. Through un...
View more from Nuance
Recent Blog Posts:
|Hear ye! Hear Ye! Speech delivers!||November 14, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Preparing for the “next one”: The importance of emergency outbound communications||November 7, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Boo! Scary customer service practices that make us scream||October 31, 2017 5:00 AM|
|As you wish. An inconceivable way of serving customers.||October 13, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Rules of customer engagement: 5 tips on how to create a meaningful customer experience||October 12, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Nuance customers around the globe score big with Intelligent Assistants awards||October 5, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Much ado about bots: How to choose the right enterprise chatbot||September 28, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Waiting on hold will soon become a thing of the past||September 18, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Predicting the Emmys is hard; predicting customer engagement shouldn’t be||September 15, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Have your people call my people ….or my car||September 8, 2017 5:00 AM|