Questions to consider before purchasing a Call Recording Solution: - Numonix - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Typically, the decision to implement a call recording solution is a reactive one. Many companies finally purchase a system only after discovering that a crucial business interaction has transpired that they have no concrete proof of. Unfortunately, not being able to produce evidence of a vital transaction disrupts business and can be financially damaging if the issue in question cannot be resolved.
As governments have implemented legislation to record all verbal communication and additional risks of disputes have slowly grown, companies have become more proactive and now adopt an advance protection strategy. At the initial phase of your inquiry into a call recorder, there are some critical questions that should be asked:
(1) Is call recording mandated by any government legislation in my industry? Dodd- Frank, Basel, CFTC regulations are a few of the many new laws brought into effect that require that all verbal transactions are digitally recorded.
(2) Are any contracts verbally agreed to or executed by telephone within my organization? People and companies that are bound by verbal contracts understand the importance of retaining transaction records to diminish the chance for ‘he said she said’ scenarios to occur. Without having detailed, unmitigated proof of all business dealings, expensive litigation and reputational damage can occur. I have witnessed companies receive their ROI the first day of owning their recording system!
(3) Do we need to monitor our employees’ compliance? The ability to monitor every employee is especially vital when managing call center agents and companies where there are strict compliance legalities to adhere to when receiving customer information and presenting company information. It is critical to wisely supervise your employees with minimum effort to ensure they are following policies and procedures.
(4) Do we want to understand and evaluate the image our company projects? A Quality Management module “add-on” to call recording allows supervisors to view how employees present themselves to the public, helping to improve their skills and understand the strengths and weaknesses in their interpersonal interactions. It also helps management easily identify key people for positions and promotions as unique abilities are revealed in recorded conversations.
(5) Are we encountering an unusual amount of disputes and/or fraud within our organization? Being able to monitor external communications for key information that could resolve disputes is a critical benefit of recording external calls. Recording internal communications can also result in reduced internal disputes and reduce the possibility of internal and external fraud being committed by members of your organization. In addition, it allows management the opportunity to address and prevent any internal crises before they occur.
These are just a few significant questions which need to be discussed. If you answered yes to any of the above, chances are the next thing you will be doing after reading this is contacting someone about implementing a compliant call recording solution.
Publish Date: April 27, 2016 5:00 AM
2020 Buyers Guide Cloud Contact Center Solutions
Astute Agent gives your agents everything they need to work cases confidently and efficiently. This modern case management CRM is the preferred choice for Consumer Relations and Customer Care teams who support some of the world’s most prestigious brands.
Astute Agent balances agent efficiency with customer experience. Here’s how:
- Automated email responses
Using natural language processing, Astute Agent reads incoming customer emails and automatically supplies a response to agents to review and send.
- Auto-populated case fields
AI capabilities automatically suggest reason codes, product codes, and other case information, saving agents minutes per case.
- Time-saving case feat...
|10.)||Lieber & Associates|
Technology Acquisition Consulting
L&A provides vendor-independent counsel to select, contract for, design, test, and implement cloud and premise-based systems. The firm has experience with all major vendors and many smaller ones. Lieber & Associates' technology consultants are contact center systems specialists with several decades of experience each.
View more from Numonix
Recent Blog Posts:
|How Long Should You Keep that Call Recording?||December 3, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Contact Center 2020: Asset or Liability?||October 11, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Are your Agents Really Listening to your Customers?||August 26, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Recording Calls at Universities: What you Need to Know||July 2, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Call Recording for Legal Firms: What you Need to Know||June 14, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Choosing the Best Call Recorder for your Healthcare Business||May 15, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Why Stereo (vs Mono) Call Recording Matters||April 9, 2019 5:00 AM|
|10 Ways Skype for Business Recording Helps your Contact Center||March 22, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Record All Customer Interactions to Protect your Credit Union||February 21, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Using Call Recording and Monitoring to Meet Internal Compliance Requirements||January 22, 2019 5:00 AM|