Here’s What Gartner Has to Say About Phoneprinting - Pindrop - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Earlier this year, Gartner released a report which shed new light on how organisations can continue their pursuit against contact centre fraud.
Analysts Tricia Phillips and Jonathan Care recommend to “partner with contact centre leadership or third-party providers to implement fraud-prevention-based phoneprinting technology. This, they suggest, will help improve customer authentication and reduce call times for legitimate customers, while identifying high-risk calls for appropriate scrutiny.”
The report uncovers three important facts that are driving this urgency:
- Contact centres are often neglected in the fight against fraud and as such become the weak link in omnichannel organisations
- By 2020, 75 percent of omnichannel customer-facing organisations will sustain a targeted, cross-channel fraud attack with the contact centre as the primary point of compromise
- The technologies and techniques available to detect and prevent contact centre fraud and omnichannel fraud have reached a maturity point that justifies investment and integration for most organisations that have the need to mitigate contact centre fraud
At Pindrop, we have been tracking the increase in fraud call rates and have seen fraud exposure costs within call centres skyrocket during this time. Last year we analysed more than 500M calls and witnessed more than a 100 per cent increase in fraudulent activity.
Pindrop delivers solutions to cover nearly all components that Gartner highlights in the report to help solve the contact centre fraud problem, including:
- Implementing a solution: Pindrop’s Phoneprinting™ technology uses 147 unique call features to create a distinctive identifier for each caller so that calls are identified quickly and fraud is eliminated
- Using of biometric voice recognition: voice biometrics are imbedded in fraud detection technology and passively voiceprints every call to identify known fraudster
- Sending fraud activity to central fraud analytics tool: Use a centralised case management system that allows you to hear the full call exchange, review each calls risk assessment, and provide feedback leveraged by our consortium to help spot known fraudsters in your organisation and even other companies in our network
- Allowing CSRs to service customers without asking them to detect fraud: With advanced fraud detection technology, you should be able to catch over 80 percent fraudulent calls with less than 1 percent false positive rate. This assurance allows more focus on providing a positive customer experience
The contact centre is under attack and companies urgently need to reduce fraud exposure and provided a better authentication experience for their valued customers.
Publish Date: July 24, 2017 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
IntelePeer delivers a complete business communications solution including: complete Cloud Contact Center, full-service cloud calling directly integrated with Cisco Spark unified communications, Enterp...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Working with many UK contact centres and countless high-street brands, Premier CX are a customer touch point agency. As a provider of audio and visual solutions, Premier CX reduce costs and increase c...
View more from Pindrop
Recent Blog Posts:
|Five Ways to Prepare Your Call Centre for the GDPR||August 14, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Here’s What Gartner Has to Say About Phoneprinting||July 24, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Phone Fraud | Damaged Trust||July 17, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Phone Fraud | Social Engineering||July 12, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Phone Fraud | Monetary Loss||July 10, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Looking Back | Call Center Week||July 5, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Looking Forward | Call Center Week||June 21, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Phone Fraud by Industry | The Financial Story||May 30, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Phone Fraud by Industry | The Public Sector Story||May 24, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Phone Fraud by Industry | The Retail Story||May 10, 2017 5:00 AM|