Quality Assurance: Top-Down or Integral Part of the Contact Center? - PlayVox - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Call center quality assurance and quality monitoring is one of the main assets that helps provide outstanding customer service. Yet, due to lack of communication, more often than not QA is seen as a top-down process; instead it should be an integral part of the contact center.
Focusing on how to improve quality and the role it has in a call center, we will take a look at how to bring typically isolated quality assurance practices to an integrated model.
Quality assurance needs quality tools. But we know the reality. Most of us use one program for call recording, one for quality reports, and yet another for distribution of the information. Often times the latter is done manually through Excel or Google docs. The entire process is disconnected and inefficient.
This delay results in customer support team leaders and agents not getting the metrics they need quickly enough. This top down approach is insane. How can team leaders take next best actions to improve agent skills (ie. coaching, recognition) when they don't have the quality reporting and analytics they need in real time?
Instead, consider a quality management tool that can do it all.
There are many tools out there that can work together to integrate call recording, analytics reports and customer intelligence such as Zendesk (better for ticketing) and Five9 (better for calls). PlayVox integrates with both so quality analysts, support managers, and agents are working toward an integrated approach to improve the customer experience.
By using the tool that centralizes all quality monitoring steps, not only will you save time and keep the process going smoothly, but employees across different departments will have access to all the information enabling them to better understand the why and how to their job.
Let feedback flow from all directions
You can easily break away from the stereotypical feedback sessions given from managements to front-line employees.
How can you do it?
- If you use a consolidated platform, quality reports will be transparent and visible to team leads and agents in real-time. Team approach.
- Have team managers coach to specific metrics using automated form technology, not just face-to-face or manually.
- Attach calls or tickets to that coaching form so that quality, managers, and agents can see what's being referred to.
- Allow agents to give their feedback around that coaching session. Comment, reply, etc so that it's a two-way system, not top to bottom.
- Organize general trainings for newcomers in order to set standard guidelines and expectations on how to manage calls.
- Hold regular group sessions where agents can listen, analyze and score each others calls as a group.
- Schedule one-on-one sessions for those who need further coaching in order to work one specific issue and give them the opportunity to debate if needed.
Quality provides the data and should have visibility to how team managers are using that data to coach agents to improve behaviors and skills. Agents should also have direct visiblity on quality and be able to give their feedback. Consistent coaching and feedback is key.
This transparent, team approach creates more interactivity and empowers agents to improve customer satisfaction. It also holds team managers accountable for being effective at their job.
**Read about how to give productive feedback**
Quality assurance and monitoring usually feels separated and isolated from other departments. As a result, data does not get analyzed properly and results do not get passed on to the agent for them to improve customer service. It's time to link the chains together!
Get the ball rolling so it becomes an automatic process without the need for management input.
1. Connect Quality Analysts to Customer Support Managers so that they can pass on the data that needs to be analyzed. This can be done through automatic report sending and shared access to a common drive.
2. From there, the results need to successfully reach the ears of the agents. One easy way to do so is through scheduled regular feedback sessions in any of the previous forms mentioned above.
3. From there, agents will have all the tools and knowledge at their disposal to improve and give data to Quality Monitoring so the process can keep rolling.
By syncing all departments together, there should be no need for management to get involved, removing the hierarchical appearance of Quality and turning it into a team effort.
Publish Date: May 13, 2016 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
CTI Software is the creator of custom application called Davos, which complements the telephone client solutions with intelligent features such as automated call attendant, call recording and archivin...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Advanced AI technology and Natural Language Processing delivered to clients in the Cloud that harnesses both voice and digital conversations. The focus is on building an environment where intelligent ...
|PREMIUMFuture Gen International Pte Ltd|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Outsourcing provider of English Call Centre services, Audio Transcriptions, Big Data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) , Big Data Visualization, Big Data Predictive Model Generation
View more from PlayVox
Recent Blog Posts:
|How To Improve Your Customer Service With Quality Assurance||June 23, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Benefits Of Using Both CRM & QA Software Together||April 5, 2017 5:00 AM|
|4 Best Practices Of Using QA Software In The Contact Center||March 31, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Boost Your Contact Center QA With PlayVox’s Third-Party Integrations||March 29, 2017 5:00 AM|
|5 Ways Your Call Center Can Seduce Millennial Customers And Turn Them Into Raving Fans||March 24, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Lowering Inbound Call Volume To Improve Your Customer Experience||March 17, 2017 5:00 AM|
|How To Use Customer Satisfaction Surveys To Gain Actionable Insights For Your Call Center||March 15, 2017 5:00 AM|
|How Upwork Improved Their Customer Service And Upskilled Their Agents With PlayVox||March 10, 2017 5:00 AM|
|5 Ways Virtual Agents Can Improve Website Customer Engagement||March 8, 2017 5:00 AM|
|How To Ensure Data Security And Privacy In Your Call Center||March 3, 2017 5:00 AM|