Even a short phone conversation is full of opportunities to make a great impression. Help set your business apart from the competition by paying attention to these eight telephone touchpoints—and don’t forget to check out our first eight tips from last week!
1. Your go-to “yes.” When you have the opportunity to tell customers what they want to hear, show your enthusiasm! Instead of “yeah” or “okay,” try these on for size:
I’ll be happy to!
2. Your go-to “no.” Even when the answer is “no,” your words and tone can show you’re happy a caller took the time to engage with your business. If another solution might work, try suggesting it:
We don’t currently offer custom t-shirts, but we can customize a variety of mugs and glassware with your logo.
If you have a referral, all the better:
Our firm doesn’t handle bankruptcies, but I know a great attorney who does! Let me get you her number.
It pays to be courteous when you can’t give callers exactly what you want. If you can meet their needs in the future, you want your business to come to mind!
3. Your go-to “I don’t know.” Great customer care isn’t contingent on having all the answers. Keeping some phrases like this in your pocket will help you respond confidently when you need to do a bit of research, or need to connect your caller to someone with more expertise on a particular subject:
That’s a great question. Let me look into that for you!
(Name) would be a great person to ask about that. I’ll be happy to try his line for you!
Good question! How about I look into that and call you back to let you know what I find out?
4. Your call screening routine. If you’re routing calls, try to avoid the temptation to ask for lots of information up front, unless you truly need it. Over-questioning can make first-time callers suspicious, and routine callers annoyed. Do you really need every caller to spell their last name before you connect them to the right party? If not, don’t ask. When you do need to collect information, a custom spelling alphabet can help you confirm information while creating connections.
5. Your message taking routine. When it comes to taking messages, repeating contact information like phone numbers and email addresses puts customers at ease, and ensures you have the information you need to reach out later.
6. Your hold experience. Always lay the politeness on thick before placing callers on hold. “Hold, please,” can come off as gruff. Instead, this friendly question works nicely:
May I place you on hold for a moment?
Aim to keep hold times short—callers may hang up if left waiting for too long. If customizing your hold audio is an option, engage callers while they wait with music or messaging that matches your brand. Ruby offers a variety of free hold music choices, and our clients are welcome to provide their own audio as well.
7. Your voicemail greeting. Make a good impression when you can’t chat in person. A well-crafted voicemail greeting helps ensure callers leave the information you need, and feel taken care of.
8. Your follow-up. A follow-up routine ensures your clients always know what to expect, and helps you stay on track. For Ruby’s Client Happiness team, that means sending an email after every call. For you, that might mean setting a reminder to check in at a designated time. The key is to create a routine you can stick to. If you say you’ll get back with an answer by the end of the day, be sure to reach out—even if you don’t have an answer yet. A friendly “I’m still researching” makes a much better impression than radio silence. Answer or no answer, your customers will appreciate the thoroughness and thoughtfulness of a follow-up!
Need a little help making the most of your telephone experience? The customer service experts at Ruby® Receptionists are ready to WOW your callers! Give us a ring at 866-611-RUBY.
Publish Date: July 19, 2016 5:00 AM
|1.)||Call Center Studio|
Call Center Studio
Call Center Studio is the world’s first call center built on Google and is one of the most secure and stable systems with some of the industry’s best reporting. It is one of the most full-featured enterprise grade systems (with the most calling features, one of the best call distribution, outbound dialing features and integrations—including IVR, AI Speech Recognition, blended inbound/outbound calling and includes Google’s new Dialogflow and Speech API. Call Center Studio is the absolute easiest to use (with a 10 minute setup), and is the price performance leader with lower equipment cost and less setup time.
PH: +1 512-872-7565
|2.)||Computer Data Services, LLC|
Get the benefits of an expensive, on-premise telephone system without the high price tag and annoying maintenance.
- Never miss another phone call
- No more busy signals
- Feature rich
- Answer your calls from anywhere
Megacall provides a fully customised Virtual Switchboard software for all companies (including IVR service). No matter the size of your business, our services adapt to the needs of each client.
Are you looking for a more effective way to communicate with your customers? Discover the advantages of using the IVR and how it can help in your communications.
PH: +34 952 667 511
MightyCall's IVR that will increase your business’s efficiency at a fraction of the cost of a secretary. Your auto-attendant is designed to:
- Greet callers
- Deliver necessary information
- Forward calls to the appropriate extension
- Take human error out of the system
PH: +1 (888) 256-8312
Provide your customers with an effortless self-service experience. Easily create menus using predefined or custom prompts and data dips and route customers to live agents when needed.
Enable your customers to make payments and access information 24/7 at their convenience. Request a quote or live demo today.
The SPEED solution solves for service level issues while cost optimizing the environment with automation.
Provides an enhanced way to speed up & optimize invoking temporary agent skills configuration changes into the contact center environment.
Speed allows you to schedule both future changes & temporary changes that auto-revert back to the original state when scheduled time expires.
*Automated / Scheduled Temporary Agent Skills Configuration Management
*Immediate Temporary or Reoccurring Schedule Skills Configuration Changes
*Easy to Use/Operations Administration Focused
*Descriptive Monitoring Activity Dashboard
*Detailed “End to End’ Audit Trail and Performance Monitoring
|7.)||Teckinfo Solutions Pvt. Ltd.|
IVR Edge is a high performance, robust and scalable ivr system that works on various leading hardware such as Dialogic, Keygoe and Synway etc. It can handle the simplest of simple to the most complex of requirements to when it come to creating an IVR. Integration with any 3rd party database, be it for banking, telecom, insurance, travel, payment gateway etc can be handled with ease. Ideally suited to create Hosted IVR and virtual patching solutions with scalabilities that can range from 4 to 128 E1’s per setup with voice recording and CDR functionality. Integration with leading text to speech (TTS) and speech recognition ASR engines add to the flexibility and functionality.
|Webinar: The Secret to Attracting and Retaining Customers||October 12, 2016 5:00 AM|
|What Does it Mean to Be a Customer Service Champion?||October 5, 2016 5:00 AM|
|3 Overlooked Soft Skills that Set Your Customer Service Apart||September 15, 2016 5:00 AM|
|WOW Customers by Delivering the Unexpected||September 13, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Emotional Intelligence: The Customer Service Super Star||August 16, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Webinar: The Insider’s Guide to Hiring a Virtual Receptionist||August 11, 2016 5:00 AM|
|How Consistency Carves a Pathway to Legendary Service||August 9, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Webinar: How to Create Raving Customers that Grow Your Business||August 4, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Before the Phone Call: How Content Marketing Can Help Build Leads||August 2, 2016 5:00 AM|
|8 More Telephone Touchpoints for Delighted Callers||July 19, 2016 5:00 AM|