JOIN US AND HEAR BEST PRACTICES
At the 2019 NEXT GENERATION Contact Center & Customer Engagement events - Click here to book now
Meet Your Virtual Receptionists: Krystle M. - Specialty Answering Service - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Working in a call center can be stressful. However, it does come with it’s fair share of perks, like being able to speak to people all over the world and not having to take any work home with you when your shift is up.
To help put you in the shoes (or headset) of a virtual receptionist, we interviewed Krystle M., one of our long time answering service agents. Keep reading to hear some great stories and to get amazing tips for beginners on how to survive working at a call center.
1. Tell us a little about yourself, Krystle.
I am one of the operators at SAS and have been working in the answering service industry for 10 years.
2. What’s your favorite part of being a customer service representative?
Being able to speak to people all over the United States.
3. Is it hard to talk on the phone when you get home?
Yes. I usually don’t answer calls at home, I only text.
4. Have you ever lost your voice from talking on the phone so much?
No, but my throat gets really dry, so I drink a lot of water all day.
5. What’s the hardest part(s) of working in a call center?
As in any other job, you can’t please everyone.
6. How do you handle stressful situations at work? (e.g., upset callers, being on the phone all day, etc.)
I just get up from my station and take a break to collect myself.
7. Describe the strangest call you’ve ever received at work.
I had a person call swearing someone was playing a prank on her by throwing dog feces all over her yard. Then she said that she has all of these holes all over my yard. Well come to find out she had her lawn aerated.
8. What’s the most awkward way a company has asked you to answer their phones?
“Sexual addiction hotline how may I help you?”
9. On average, how many different companies do you think you represent each day?
10. In 10 words or less, how would you describe the work environment in a call center?
Roller coaster of emotions.
11. Do you have any tips on keeping a good tone throughout your shift?
Getting an angry tone won’t make anything better, so try to calm the situation.
12. What kind of advice would you give to a new hire?
Don’t take any calls personal.
13. Is it hard not to laugh if someone gives you a funny email address?
No, I keep it professional.
14. What do you do in between taking phone calls?
Check over accounts to make sure there is nothing that needs to be done.
15. What’s your favorite snack to eat at work?
16. What do you do when you’re not sure how to answer a caller’s question?
I just apologize to them and explain that I am the receptionist and not qualified to answer their particular question.
Publish Date: June 19, 2018 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
A certified Genesys partner specialized in improving customer experience by building contact center solutions. We offer the following solutions to our customers based on their business demands and tec...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Advanced AI technology and Natural Language Processing delivered to clients in the Cloud that harnesses both voice and digital conversations. The focus is on building an environment where intelligent ...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Аутсорсинговый контакт-центр ConceptCall| КонцептКолл специализируется на исходящем и входящем телемаркетинге: мы предоставляем услуги по осуществлению холодных звонков и продажи по телефону, проводим...
View more from Specialty Answering Service
Recent Blog Posts:
|4 Tips to Setting up An Answering Service for a Drug Addiction or Recovery Hotline||February 18, 2019 5:00 AM|
|13 Tips to Answer the Phone At Your Business: A Receptionist’s Guide||February 14, 2019 5:00 AM|
|4 Ways to Audit Your Seasonal Tax Prep Answering Service||February 12, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Call Center Training Program Part 3: Materials and Modules||February 7, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Call Center Training Program Part 2: Training Techniques||January 28, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Voicemail or Answering Service? Understand the Pros and Cons Before Deciding.||December 17, 2018 5:00 AM|
|5 Reasons Why Fully Automated Customer Service Is A Rotten Idea||December 7, 2018 5:00 AM|
|Infographic: All about Call Routing & ACD Technology||December 5, 2018 5:00 AM|
|Infographic: Call Center Software Reviews||June 21, 2018 5:00 AM|
|Meet Your Virtual Receptionists: Krystle M.||June 19, 2018 5:00 AM|