JOIN US AND HEAR BEST PRACTICES
At the 2019 NEXT GENERATION Contact Center & Customer Engagement events - Click here to book now
Infographic: Call Center Software Reviews - Specialty Answering Service - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Call Center software, also known as contact center software, is the technology that call centers and answering services use to not only route and answer calls, but to also provide your callers with exceptional customer support. Call center software allows calls to be routed to the appropriate distribution (think “press 1 for English, press 2 for Spanish” options), but it also allows the virtual staff to push information through to your customer relationship management (CRM) platforms and manage omni-channel interactions, on top of the standard technology of entering data and placing callers on hold when necessary.
Since technology is ever changing, industries that use technology need to change with it in order to keep up with the growing market. But the problem for call centers is this: with so many entries into the marketplace, how do you know which software will work best for your small business? Great news! We made a neat infographic with a bunch of useful intel that just might help you decide.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Right Software
- Can multiple agents work on the same case?
- Is there an integrated knowledge base?
- Is there a free trial?
- Is the call center software CRM compatible?
- Does the software handle inbound calls, outbound calls, or both?
- Can the software be custom developed?
- Case Collaboration
- A Web Panel
- Real Time Reporting features
- Call forwarding
- Virtual call queue
- Easy integration with popular CRM software
Terms You’ll Want to Know
- Case Collaboration: Allows employees to communicate and work together.
- Web Panel: Allows sales agents to view and enter information about customers.
- Multi-Communication: Enables e-mail, social media, and chat capabilities.
- Knowledge Base Integration: Articles your agents may need to reference when taking a call.
- Virtual Queuing: Allows calls to be placed on hold.
- Text to Speech: A feature that allows text information to be automatically converted into spoken words.
- Customer Information Display: When a call comes in, the customer’s information and any associated cases will also pop up.
- Telephony Integration: Allows a cloud or virtual based service to communicate flawlessly with standard telephone systems.
Comparing Call Center Software Providers
Salesforce.com’s Service Cloud
- User friendly
- Can integrate with Salesforce’s cloud.
- Only available as part of the Service Cloud package.
- Detailed reports
- Multi-communication reduces labor costs
- Native integration with Salesforce CRM
- Award winning user interface
- 99.99% uptime
- No free trial
- Professional service capabilities
- Knowledge base integration
- Excellent service
- Multi-communication and click-to-dial features
- No knowledge base integration
- Web panel displays all information needed by call center agents
- Allows agents access to campaign management tools, reporting features, and recorded conversations
- Great range of features
- Offers disaster recovery services
- Cannot integrate knowledge bases
- Self-hosted so no telephony integration
- Service supports multi-communication and CRM integration
- Some pretty robust report generating capabilities
- Handles automatic case forwarding and virtual queuing
- No annual service fees
- Exceptional list of features
- No knowledge base integration
- Allows multi site or home office locations
- 24/7 support
- No case collaboration
- No knowledge base integrations
- Training videos
- Pricing structure varies by type of company
- Can handle spikes in volume and load balancing
- More basic than competitors
- Business continuity through natural disasters, security emergencies, etc.
- Load balancing
- Call monitoring
Want more details and tips on call center software? More great news! Check out this white paper on call center software!
Publish Date: June 21, 2018 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
A certified Genesys partner specialized in improving customer experience by building contact center solutions. We offer the following solutions to our customers based on their business demands and tec...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
HigherGround develops data collection, information storage, and interaction analytics solutions that easily transform data into actionable intelligence, enabling operational optimization, enhanced per...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Working with many UK contact centres and countless high-street brands, Premier CX are a customer touch point agency. As a provider of audio and visual solutions, Premier CX reduce costs and increase c...
View more from Specialty Answering Service
Recent Blog Posts:
|4 Tips to Setting up An Answering Service for a Drug Addiction or Recovery Hotline||February 18, 2019 5:00 AM|
|13 Tips to Answer the Phone At Your Business: A Receptionist’s Guide||February 14, 2019 5:00 AM|
|4 Ways to Audit Your Seasonal Tax Prep Answering Service||February 12, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Call Center Training Program Part 3: Materials and Modules||February 7, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Call Center Training Program Part 2: Training Techniques||January 28, 2019 5:00 AM|
|Voicemail or Answering Service? Understand the Pros and Cons Before Deciding.||December 17, 2018 5:00 AM|
|5 Reasons Why Fully Automated Customer Service Is A Rotten Idea||December 7, 2018 5:00 AM|
|Infographic: All about Call Routing & ACD Technology||December 5, 2018 5:00 AM|
|Infographic: Call Center Software Reviews||June 21, 2018 5:00 AM|
|Meet Your Virtual Receptionists: Krystle M.||June 19, 2018 5:00 AM|