Customer Service Outsourcing: 6 Ways to Protect Your Customers - Taking You Forward, Inc. - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Outsourcing your customer service and back office processes is an important decision to make. Even more important is your choice of a call center company. When considering customer service outsourcing, you must take into account the safety and welfare of your customers, not just the pricing and service packages of potential outsourced call centers.
Customers, not processes; trust, not just cost-savings
When outsourcing, you do not abdicate your responsibilities towards your customers, but you remove the burden that comes with certain processes that you or your staff perform – a burden that stands in the way of your relationship with customers or suppliers. On the money side, your business saves a lot of money by paying for performance, not tenure. No results, no pay – that’s how outsourcing goes.
Businesses should utilize outsourcing as a tool to rebuild relationships with their stakeholders and regain their trust and confidence. True, outsourcing can result in reduced costs, increased production, and improved efficiency, which are all benefits evident to one’s business. However, they do little to drive customers to your store or e-commerce website. Customers, not you, should be the primary beneficiaries of your outsourcing decision.
Customers First When Outsourcing
When customer service outsourcing is done wrong, your customers will be the biggest victims. This could spell a PR disaster that you can’t easily shake off. Take for instance, the companies that outsourced their manufacturing to China, a country long riddled by poor quality manufacturing and proliferation of counterfeit goods. Your customers’ health, comfort, and privacy are not bargaining chips for any sort of cost-savings.
Here are ways to protect your customers:
- Get references – It is difficult to judge a call center company’s skills and reliability from afar, so ask for at least three to five references. Contact all of them and ask how happy or satisfied they were with the company.
- Know the company’s credentials – Is your desired call center a licensed and registered business entity? Do they have a history of breaching confidentiality rules or violating intellectual property rights? How do they recruit people for similar campaigns?
- Test their technologies – It pays to visit your desired call center’s operation base not only to observe how their employees work, but also to assess their technologies. Are they up-to date? Are they secured against internal or external threats? Are they the ones you really need for your campaigns? Can they acquire the tools you need?
- Put everything into writing – Make sure the service legal agreement (SLA) and other policies you draw up with your chosen call center company are clearly written and duly notarized.
- Establish strong security policies – You can’t just rely on your call center to protect your customers’ personal data for you. You must take responsibility by choosing the right company. Establish security policies to protect customers’ data in your provider’s location and understand local regulations that may impact customer information.
- Get involved in recruitment – If you can, ask the company to let you get involved in the hiring process, not just in training. This is to make sure you train only the people who can work or handle personal data just as you do in your country.
Don’t overlook your customers’ safety and welfare when choosing a call center company. Protecting your customers is protecting your business and your bottom line.
Publish Date: November 3, 2015 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
CTI Software is the creator of custom application called Davos, which complements the telephone client solutions with intelligent features such as automated call attendant, call recording and archivin...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Advanced AI technology and Natural Language Processing delivered to clients in the Cloud that harnesses both voice and digital conversations. The focus is on building an environment where intelligent ...
|PREMIUMFuture Gen International Pte Ltd|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Outsourcing provider of English Call Centre services, Audio Transcriptions, Big Data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) , Big Data Visualization, Big Data Predictive Model Generation
View more from Taking You Forward, Inc.
Recent Blog Posts:
|Customer Care Challenge: Delivering Bad News to Customers||July 16, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Why Telemarketing Still Works In The Digital Era||June 26, 2017 5:00 AM|
|4 Factors To Consider When Calculating Number of Call Center Agents Needed||June 5, 2017 5:00 AM|
|4 Points To Ponder When Winning Back Customers||May 5, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Weekly BPO News: April 18-21, 2017||April 28, 2017 5:00 AM|
|4 Reasons Why Sales Needs Storytelling Skills||April 28, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Top 6 Complaints In Customer Service||March 28, 2017 5:00 AM|
|With Outsourcing, Everyone Wins||March 12, 2017 5:00 AM|
|5 Techniques to Manage High Call Volume In Peak Seasons||February 22, 2017 5:00 AM|
|5 Tips For Excellent Live Chat Customer Support||February 3, 2017 5:00 AM|