Client Branded Customer Service Maximizes Consumer Retention during Product Recall - The Connection - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Client Branded Customer Service Maximizes Consumer Retention during Product Recall
A well-known retailer for consumer goods and services began receiving repeated customer complaints after launch of a new product. Upon investigation, the company discovered the recently launched product contained a manufacturer defect that would require the item be recalled. To handle the recall as expeditiously as possible for their customers, the company quickly took action—distributing a recall notification in which they offered free repair of the product. In anticipation of increased call volume, the organization sought the help of a contact center that could handle the large spike in call volume. As a trusted outsourcing partner, The Connection® was called into help.
The Connection® Solution:
- Agent and Supervisor Training. Understanding the impact these calls can have on customer retention and corporate reputation, The Connection® developed, in partnership with the Client, an intensive, brand-centric training course for customer service agents using materials and scripting provided by the client.
- Inbound Customer Service. Inbound customer service agents provided by The Connection® focused on first call resolution, delivering a customer experience unique to our retail client. Agents worked to ensure that in spite of the recall, the process of handling it would increase the likelihood of customers to use their brand again through:
- Explaining the situation to the Customer.
- Confirming whether or not the recall affected them and how.
- Scheduling a repair for Customers affected by the recall.
- Reassuring the Customer of the quality and commitment of the brand to solving their problem.
- Outbound Follow Up. The Connection® outbound agents contacted non-responsive customers to remind them to schedule their repair appointment.
- Customized Reporting. In addition to service level, KPI and daily reporting, The Connection® also provided detailed reporting for the client around a customized set of parameters. Reporting included:
- Number of repairs scheduled;
- Number of follow up calls provided;
- Call escalations requiring additional follow up from the client’s internal team.
Impressed with how their program was handled, The Connection® was asked to handle additional operational hours during the recall. In response to the high quality and level of customer service provided, the Client has continued to partner with The Connection® for overflow and event based support.
Publish Date: August 16, 2016
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
CTI Software is the creator of custom application called Davos, which complements the telephone client solutions with intelligent features such as automated call attendant, call recording and archivin...
|PREMIUMFuture Gen International Pte Ltd|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Outsourcing provider of English Call Centre services, Audio Transcriptions, Big Data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) , Big Data Visualization, Big Data Predictive Model Generation
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
HigherGround develops data collection, information storage, and interaction analytics solutions that easily transform data into actionable intelligence, enabling operational optimization, enhanced per...
View more from The Connection
Recent Blog Posts:
|Customer Satisfaction Metrics: What You Should Know About CSAT and NPS||May 30, 2019|
|How to Identify the Best Customer Service Assessment Test for Your Call Center||March 28, 2019|
|Call Center Training Tips for Managing New Hires||March 7, 2019|
|Call Center Hiring Best Practices for an Outstanding Team||February 7, 2019|
|Customer Experience Management Tools: How to Leverage Your Call Center||January 31, 2019|
|Evaluating Outsourcing Customer Service Cost: Is it Worth It?||January 29, 2019|
|How to Handle Gaps in Call Center Staffing||January 17, 2019|
|CSR Management: How to Fire an Employee Without Leaving a Mark||January 10, 2019|
|Customer Service 101: 5 Things Agents Should Be Doing [VIDEO]||December 7, 2018|
|6 Tips for Delivering an Authentic Call Center Script||November 29, 2018|