As we near the end of the year, many people are revisiting their goals or resolutions and generating new ones for the next trip around the sun. At an outbound call center, the end of the year review usually portrays that it’s crunch time for the sales team. To maximize the limited number of selling days left, call centers focus on ways to improve call productivity. Easier said than done.
Companies lose at least $1 trillion a year on poor sales productivity and wasted marketing budget. Research from The Bridge Group, reveals the top challenge for about 65% of B2B organizations is sales productivity. This issue comes as no surprise when you consider everything that the sales rep has to attend to in a day. HubSpot reports that salespeople’s days are consumed by:
Only one-third of your sales team’s days are spent talking to prospects. Revisit your strategy as it pertains to these five tips to improve call center productivity and help your team make the most of every working hour.
1. Technology – Give your sales reps more time to talk to prospects by automating their repetitive tasks. Sales lead tracking software can reduce administrative duties and streamline who to call next with an auto dialer and queue based routing system. Inside sales software can also assist with scripting and save time with voicemail automation.
Instead of sitting on a call leaving another rendition of the same voicemail, your reps can record the message in advance and drop it into the mailbox as they move on to the next call. According to The Sales Hunter, the best length of a voicemail message is eight to fourteen seconds. Anything longer and the receiver is likely to delete the message and move on.
Personalization is another aspect you can address with technology. Invest in a sales engagement solution so sellers can easily gather information about the buyer to help them connect with them on a more personal level. Implement artificial intelligence or machine-learning into your sales process to promote personalization into the sales process based on buying behaviors.Today’s buyers want a customized experience, and many are willing to divulge personal information for it. Incorporate collected data to personalize the sales experience, and you can increase sales by 10% or more.
2. Marketing and Sales Alignment – Less than 10% of B2B companies have tight alignment between marketing and sales. The disconnection faced by the other 90% results in loss of revenue and overlooked opportunities. Many of the leads marketing provides are ignored by sales reps and almost 80% never convert into sales. Opening lines of communication between your marketing and sales teams help these two groups operate as a unified team that can more easily work together to meet year-end revenue goals. Take time to develop a sales & marketing service level agreement to help continue a harmonious and productive relationship between the two groups.
3. Training – Aberdeen Group’s recent report, Ongoing Sales Education: The Best-In-Class Have Learned to Learn Better, reveals that 88% of top-performing sales organizations provide ongoing training and education. Set your company up for higher sales performance by enabling employees to combine an understanding of sales principles with the execution of proven sales actions. Continuous training provides 50% higher net sales per sales professional according to The Brevet Group.
4. Metrics –Instead of focusing parameters on sales dollars, they should gauge productivity. Analyze things like conversion rates, call rate, win rate, average number of touches, and length of the sales cycle.
The average salesperson makes fewer calls in the first two months of each quarter than in the last month. Encourage consistency by incentivizing factors your reps have control over. Create contests to help improve call productivity, and tie contest points or prizes to call productivity metrics for added motivation. Driving them throughout the year to keep productivity levels up, will, in turn, lead to increased revenue.
5. Point of Contact – Dealing with gatekeepers and targeting the C-suite may no longer be necessary. Although 64% of the C-suite makes the final assessment, decision-making influence is moving around the org-chart.The role of the person within an organization whom your inside sales representatives attempt to reach often correlates to what your company sells. The purchase of software products would likely be assessed by a technology professional or a department head who may be easier to reach than a high-level executive. More than 80% of those not in the C-suite have influential powers in the purchase decision today. Sometimes it can be more productive to work your way up to the decision maker by engaging influencers first.
You don’t have to get your agents to work more hours to improve call productivity. Instead, address the five focus areas above and endeavor to get them more engaged with their work. Committed employees feel like they are valued members of the team. To show your appreciation, simplify their daily processes with software, provide additional training that will, in turn, help their career, and reward their efforts.
How have you improved productivity at your outbound call center?
Publish Date: November 27, 2017 5:00 AM
Making sure agents can work remotely isn’t a problem with Branches. The system shows accurate information, real-time. No fear of missing out on important updates anymore.
Centrical Business Continuity & Remote Work Solutions
Centrical Solutions Help Sustain Business Continuity,
Keep Employees Engaged and Connected During COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Centrical, provider of the holistic, real-time employee engagement and performance management platform, offers contact centers ways to
Keep calm and keep working remotely.
We offer solutions for business continuity in a crisis that provide effective engagement, communications, and reskilling of employees working from home, among other things. They will let you:
Reduce anxiety and isolation
The times we’re in require an extra effort to communicate and keep everyone connected. With Centrical, you can create an ongoing stream of communica...
PH: +1 800 538 4263 (US) or +44 20 3318 6424 (UK)
|3.)||Cloud IT Services GmbH|
Dialfire offers you a complete call center solution that is simple and intuitive to use and adapts to your needs. It's completely cloud-based, saving you the hassle of setting up a phone system and installing software. In addition to predictive dialing and call blending of inbound calls, you can create personalized campaigns through an intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Features include automated workflows and full control over the agent screen.
You can see the full list of features here:
A flexible way to take secure, PCI DSS compliant payments from home or remote locations. It’s quick to deploy needs no changes to processes or systems.
CallGuard Remote prevents agents from seeing, hearing or recording card details so, the agent, their screen, and any call recordings are removed from the scope of PCI DSS. This simple approach means the customer effectively types their own payment information into the agent’s payment screen, but with the card details being shielded from the agent’s view. It’s simple, and highly effective.
PH: 01442 458300
Virtual Contact Center Solutions
Our virtual contact center services help our clients to run their customer support processes (phone, chat, and email) remotely. Our well trained remote agents can help them deliver the best experience for their customers irrespective of the channels. With our data security measures, engaged workforce, and the right reporting tools, our clients are guaranteed with a satisfied customer base.
PH: +91 99026 10044
Oracle LIVE Experience
Live Experience offers HD voice, video, Screen sharing and annotations for customer mobile users. Agents interacted with users using desktops or mobile. Applications are for Financial Services, Retail, Travel and Hospitality, Digital Services, Utilities, Coporate IT where remote HD video, screen share or annotation is needed for a great customer experience.
|7.)||Orion Learning Services Inc.|
Learning & Development
Learning & Development - For Remote Workers
Learning & Development for Remote Agents, Supervisors, Managers and Administration/Support Staff
Orion Learning is a global leader in providing accredited learning and development solutions for organizations globally. We offer call/contact center certification programs for Agents, Supervisors and Managers, business certifications and examinations for wide range of topics including project management, change management and service management, leadership soft skills and a full suite of assessment tools which can be used for recruitment, talent management, succession planning and coaching/mentoring. We deliver our solutions to global community and all of our solutions are delivered digitally.
|5 Ways to Improve Call Productivity and Boost Your Bottom Line||November 27, 2017 5:00 AM|
|How to Identify and Measure the Sales Metrics That Matter||November 20, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Tips for Hiring The Right Inside Sales Representative||November 13, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Cold Calling: What Kind of First Impression Are You Making on Prospects?||October 13, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Have You Asked Your Sales Reps What They Need to be Successful?||August 17, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Are You Guessing or Asking What Your Customers Want?||August 9, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Sales Call Tips: One Bad Sales Call Doesn’t Define Your Ability to Sell||July 28, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Call Recordings; The Good, Bad, and Ugly||June 28, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Call Center Tips and Tools for Your Sales Team||May 26, 2017 5:00 AM|
|How to Sell Insurance Over the Phone||May 5, 2017 5:00 AM|