Five Key Considerations When Buying Your Next Recording Solution - Wilmac Company - ContactCenterWorld.com Blog
Your call recording solution is an important investment. Whether you are recording to meet compliance requirements, to ensure quality, for investigations, or for risk mitigation, your call recording solution plays a major role in the business continuity of your organization.
Buying a new recording solution can be a daunting task. Here are five considerations when looking for your next recording solution:
1. Your Needs – This may seem obvious but thinking through your specific needs for your call recording system will help you ensure you are investing in the best option for your organization. Is your primary concern compliance or quality management? How many agents will you need to record? What goals would you like to achieve with call recording?
2. Support and Maintenance Options– Today’s call recording solutions are more complicated than ever and it is likely that your internal IT resources will be unable to manage your new recording solution. Oftentimes, customers are surprised to hear that manufacturers do not provide support for many issues. Support and maintenance is a necessary part of any call recording investment and it is best to think about it upfront to avoid any potential downtime in the future.
3. Total Cost of Ownership –Call recording solution providers will work with you to find you a solution that fits your needs and is within your budget. For example, cloud-based solutions have an array of features and benefits with a lower TCO. Remember to think of this in terms of not only an upfront investment but ongoing maintenance as well.
4. Features and Flexibility – Similar to defining your needs and goals, consider what features you’ll need in your call recording solution. If you have remote agents, you may require a web-based interface. If you store sensitive information, you may need the ability to grant varying levels of access. In a public safety environment, the ability to record and organize multimedia data is likely important. If you’re recording for quality, how important is flexibility in terms of evaluation forms?
5. Provider –A knowledgeable provider will help you ensure that you invest in the best solution for your organization. Ask for recommendations and ensure that the provider you work with is experienced and takes the time to understand your environment, needs, and goals. Ask who will be designing and implementing your solution and providing training – are they certified professionals? Ideally, you will want your provider to be a partner throughout the life of your system – from the decision process to implementation and ongoing maintenance.
Publish Date: August 3, 2015 5:00 AM
|All Suppliers||Get Listed|
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
HigherGround develops data collection, information storage, and interaction analytics solutions that easily transform data into actionable intelligence, enabling operational optimization, enhanced per...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
CTI Software is the creator of custom application called Davos, which complements the telephone client solutions with intelligent features such as automated call attendant, call recording and archivin...
(VIEW OUR PAGE)
Аутсорсинговый контакт-центр ConceptCall| КонцептКолл специализируется на исходящем и входящем телемаркетинге: мы предоставляем услуги по осуществлению холодных звонков и продажи по телефону, проводим...
View more from Wilmac Company
Recent Blog Posts:
|Environmental Changes That Can Impact Call Recording||May 15, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Choosing A NG9-1-1 Recording Partner: 6 Factors to Consider||March 6, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Big Banks & Call Recording: How Technology Can Help||February 6, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Speech Analytics and Quality Monitoring||January 23, 2017 5:00 AM|
|How to Plan for a Recording System Upgrade||January 9, 2017 5:00 AM|
|Improving Your Recording Environment Starts with a Wilmac Assessment||October 10, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Wilmac Support for NICE Systems||September 6, 2016 5:00 AM|
|NICE Inform: What Makes It the Industry Leader?||August 22, 2016 5:00 AM|
|PCI & Your Call Recording System||June 28, 2016 5:00 AM|
|Technology Is Important, but People Still Have a Place||June 2, 2016 5:00 AM|