Human Resources Generalist
|Company:||VIPdesk Connect||Location:||Alexandria, Virginia, United States|
|Posted:||Tuesday, April 4, 2017|
Who Are We?
At VIPdesk Connect, Inc., we do more than provide exceptional outsourced customer service to our clients. We ensure a tailored-fit experience for each client, recognizing their specific needs and matching qualified professionals to the respective program. Our services include customer service, social media management, back office support and virtual customer experience consulting. Our mission is to provide talented and amazing people the opportunity to live the brands they love – so that we can create raving fans for admired brands.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administration of daily HR operations including Team Member relations, Team Member onboarding, and HRIS management and benefits
- Oversee HR policies and procedures of a rapidly growing team of virtual Team Members and Corporate Team Members
- Manage all aspects of the onboarding process including, but not limited to, tracking and collecting of new Team Member documents, conduct new Team Member orientations, etc.
- Manages compliance with federal and state labor laws across 25 states
- Develop strategies that encourage Team Member engagement, satisfaction, and retention
- Prime administrator of maintaining updated information within ADP Payroll
- Maintains ADP Payroll system for over 170 nation-wide Team Members
- Prepares and manages offer letters to selected candidates utilizing Zenefits
- Ensures that all Team Members complete onboarding paperwork correctly and efficiently
- Provides guidance to managers to ensure proper Team Member relations issues are handled correctly and professionally
- Act as a mediator for in-person and over-the-phone write-ups and terminations
- Advise managers on proper HR methods
- Works closely with the Vice President of Human Resources and the CEO to update company processes, as needed
- Works directly with health and life insurance carriers to ensure invoices are correct and updated, when necessary
- Works closely with the Vice President of Finance to process Payroll via ADP WorkForce Now
- Creates manual adjustments batches for each payroll
- Researches all discrepancies in pay for Team Members
- Effectively compose, edit and update date-sensitive material distributed to new hires
- Experienced in governmental laws and regulations which include EEOC, wage determination, FMLA, HIPAA, COBRA, military leave, ADA, etc.
- Provides concise and accurate information to Team Members regarding VIPdesk Connect benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid leave, life insurance, etc.
- Maintains current and terminated electronic Team Member personnel files, recording data such as addresses, earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations
- Verifies employment via telephone, in person, e-mail or postal mail when authorized and requested by credit bureaus, etc.
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and Team Member leaves of absence
- Analyzes employment-related data and prepares required reports
- Research and be familiar with the most up-to-date laws and regulations affecting Team Members across the country, and update Company policies and procedures accordingly
- Reviews and updates new hire/current Team Member forms for time sensitivity, grammar, and professional appearance
- Verifies all new hire employment eligibility via E-Verify
Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources across all specialties
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of federal and multiple states employment law
- A bachelor’s degree and three (3) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience; OR a master’s degree in Human Resources Management and one (1) year of Human Resources experience; OR any similar combination of education and experience
- Experience working in a call center and/or working with a remote staff preferred
- Experience working with ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to learn and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with focus on quality and accuracy, ability to multitask, strong sense of urgency and commitment to excellence
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Able to successfully pass a credit, criminal and employment reference security check
VIPdesk Connect, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V
Click Here to Apply Now