We are seeking to hire two, detail oriented Billing Analysts that coordinate with other departments to ensure all sales and orders are accurately billed for, setting customers up for billing, and issuing invoices. The Billing Analyst will actively participate in the monthly billing of customers. The Analyst will conduct any necessary research to resolve billing issues and ensure compliance with customer guidelines and agreements. The Billing Analyst, reporting to the Billing Manager, is an hourly, full time position that can be worked temporarily remote. We anticipate this role to start in December.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing, adjusting and issuing invoices, billing statements, and reports, ensuring processing of invoices in a timely manner
- Managing billing for various customer accounts by interacting with clients to resolve any issues and answer inquiries
- Following company guidelines and billing procedures as well as ensure tax and regulatory compliance
- Maintaining accurate records and making updates to our database as needed
- Resolving any errors, payment issues or discrepancies with customer billing, accounts, or billing reports, escalating as necessary to Billing Manager
- Ensures that all billing calculations are correct before sending invoices to customers.
- Ensure accuracy of work product, determine appropriate bill formats, meet ethical standards, prepare spreadsheets or supplemental billing documents, manage client billing requirements, understand fee arrangements, prepare bills for electronic processing, troubleshoot issues, coordinate necessary matter changes
- Responsible for high level of accuracy and completeness of bill preparation, ensure that bills are in agreement with customer billing arrangements and system records
- Responsible for providing the highest-level customer service on all billing related tasks
- Submit electronic invoices through vendors, manage status of electronic bill rejection
- Provide guidance and support when working with internal and external customers to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all billing operations.
- Identify, research and communicate billing trends, coding updates, insurance regulations, compliance issues, and other information relative to effective operations of the billing team.
- Assist in maintaining payer set-up within the billing systems. Monitor payer websites for changes and communicate information as needed.
- Prepare and present reports
- High school diploma
- 1+ years’ experience accounting and/or billing
- Associates degree in accounting, finance, or related area
- Remote working experience