Marketing Communications Specialist
This Posting Has Closed
|Company:||Upstream Works||Location:||Vaughan, Ontario, Canada|
|Posted:||Friday, September 6, 2019||Closing:||Friday, April 3, 2020|
We’re looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our growing team. Reporting to the VP Marketing, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing compelling on-brand content for marketing and sales materials, web and digital campaigns, social media, blogs, videos, webinars, case studies, and more. You will use your exceptional writing and editing skills to craft stories that inspire action.
You will collaborate cross-functionally to support multiple projects and communications activities that span the organization including Products, Sales, Learning, Professional Services, and more – targeted to customers, partners, and internal staff. We’re looking for someone who likes working on a team, has exceptional communication skills, is highly organized, detail oriented, and is ready to multitask.
We are Upstream Works, a Cisco preferred solutions partner, and we provide software technology for customer care in the rapidly changing social, mobile and omnichannel world of the contact center. Our goal is to be the number one agent desktop solutions provider and we are well on our way. We are currently looking for a talented storyteller who will be a key contributor to the success of Upstream Works.
The work environment is young, dynamic and entrepreneurial. We like to get things done and have fun while we're doing it.
What you'll do:
- Be a full-time member of the Marketing team
- Develop key messaging, branding and positioning statements
- Research, write, and edit company case studies, fact sheets and product collateral
- Write and disseminate engaging, accurate, effective press releases
- Script podcasts, webinars, and interactive presentations for the senior executive team
- Contribute to the development of marketing videos including storyboards, scripts, interviews
- Author and continually refresh content for the corporate website and secure partner portal
- Maintain company web pages using WordPress
- Collaborate on lead-gen campaigns and content marketing initiatives
- Collaborate on SEO best practices and strategies for online engagement
- Develop, implement, and help track targeted campaigns to partners and customers
- Perform competitive analysis for product offerings, messaging, and branding
- Work with internal teams to identify needs and develop solution-oriented campaigns
- Produce engaging blog posts that align with corporate objectives
- Research, select, and apply for relevant industry awards
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, or related area
- 3+ years of practical experience creating marketing content (email copy, collateral, articles, blogs) across multiple media and styles, preferably within the technology industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience marketing B2B and SaaS products that nurtures demand
- Ability to work independently and at a fast pace to successfully meet tight deadlines
- B2B digital and social marketing experience including web content optimization and SEO
- Creative energy and flair for translating jargon into consumable, compelling content
- Experience with and respect for an iterative, collaborative creative process
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple ongoing tasks with changing priorities
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Word, PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of content management platforms such as WordPress
Who we are
At Upstream Works, we eliminate the causes of headaches by deploying products and services for corporate and enterprise contact centers. We help solve tough problems by integrating software and using analytics to improve efficiency. We are proud to say we can do this in the fastest time in the industry.
We are a group of modest, dedicated, hard-working, family-friendly, close-knit people who enjoy seasonal parties, family and friend picnics, and a culture of making the extra effort to do what we say we will, and make sure it benefits all of us. Oh, and axe throwing; sometimes we put dangerous weapons in the hands of our employees and no one gets hurt! And because we are lean, everyone has the opportunity to make decisions, affect changes and see results right away. You can directly drive the success of the company.
At Upstream Works, we live and work by our culture of collaboration, delivery and respect for each other. When we hand out business cards to our friends and peers, they say: Faciemus Quae Dicimus – we do what we say.
Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
We’re located at 7777 Weston Road, Woodbridge, ON. The office is easily accessible by car or transit (both TTC and York Regional Transit) with free onsite parking and a quick walk from the new TTC Vaughan Metropolitan Centre subway station.
Upstream Works welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Click Here to Apply Now