Carrier Ops Network Engineer
|Company:||CallFire||Location:||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|Posted:||Tuesday, April 25, 2017|
Carrier Operations Network Engineer
We seek a talented network engineer to help expand CallFire�s carrier connectivity globally. The Carrier Operations team is responsible for overall architecture and day to day interfacing with all of CallFire�s carrier partners on our network.
About the role
This role focuses on working with CallFire�s carrier partners and internal engineering teams with onboarding new interconnections and working with the carrier partner to understand their requirements while determining the best way to fit them to the CallFire network.
Successful candidates will have strong telecom and telephone protocol experience. They will know how to interface with carrier teams and properly troubleshoot all range of issues from one way audio to deploying new carrier interconnections. Necessary to understand common networking subjects.
CallFire offers competitive compensation, benefits include full health and dental, employee fitness program, continued education support, and weekly catered lunches. Our office is also dog friendly.
- Escalate, diagnose, and resolve vendor connectivity requirements and troubleshoot issues.
- Maintain accurate documentation of new and existing interconnections
- Support infrastructure and services used to send SMS and voice communication
- Understand key quality metrics of Voice Communication and implement testing to ensure our carriers are consistently performing at their peak.
- Monitor reports and live graphs for fluctuations
- Implement and support Java/command line tools
- Aggregate large datasets which supports business decisions
- Work with system engineers to design robust, scalable systems
- Write internal documentation that is easy to follow and accurate
- Learn and support the company�s API to consult other teams and customers
- Understanding of Linux operating environment (Ubuntu, CentOs, etc.), Cloud Computing (AWS+GCE)
- Development work with SQL (MySQL, Postgres, etc.) and NoSQL (Cassandra, etc.)
- Desire to contribute to thorough and iterative documentation
- Frequent communication with clients and coworkers
- Must be able to share information effectively
- Bachelor�s degree or higher
- Engineering degree or related field
- Background in telecommunications
- Understanding of agile and DevOps methodologies
- Willing to learn. Bring your passion and enthusiasm to learn, grow, and contribute to the tea
- Ability to keep your cool under pressure
- Desire to help build a team in a growing company.
- Capable of standing in as a sales engineer, and displaying expert knowledge.
- Strong team player, good communicator
Click Here to Apply Now