|Company:||Echo Managed Services||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Posted:||Thursday, November 28, 2019||Closing:||Tuesday, January 28, 2020|
IndiaClosing date January 28th 2020
Echo Managed Services is currently driving an ambitious billing and customer intelligence software cloud transformation for the global utility market, partnering with Salesforce and Accenture.
We are a progressive organisation seeking to attract candidates who will relish the technical challenge and opportunity to develop their skills. There will be opportunity to travel globally and to the UK.
Please see our website for more information
The Java Developer will have the capability to communicate effectively with cross discipline teams including both technical and non-technical stakeholders to deliver the best possible solutions. Applicants will be able to design and engineer Java solutions based on business requirements using code that meets coding standards and is fully tested. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and the ability to work in a fast paced environment, usually working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Develop fully integrated solutions as part of the PaaS development team.
- Translate business requirements into usable solutions using modern tools and techniques to improve experiences
- Solve problems through smart technology solutions, identify quick wins, delivery proof of concepts, prove value and deliver quickly to a high quality
- Assist in the implementation of agile working practices
- Assist in the integration of DevOps into the business through collaborative working with both development and operations teams
- Work with other teams across to ensure solutions are best in class, are realistic and delivered in an optimised and agile way.
- Develop well documented, reusable code which meets standards, is secure and reliable, fully tested and promotes continuous development, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Keep your knowledge up to date in a fast moving and evolving IT and Digital function
- Analyse and troubleshoot live issues when required
- Experience of Java Enterprise Edition
- Knowledge of SQL Databases, partularly PostgreSQL
- Understanding of MVC design principles and frameworks (Spring)
- Experience of ORM (Hibernate)
- Experience of designing high availability scalable solution
- Experience of Microservice architecture (Spring Boot)
- Understanding of multi-tenancy and common design patterns
- Knowledge of various PaaS platforms Heroku / Red Hat Openshift
- Working knowledge of source control and particularly GIT
- Knowledge of Java packaging techniques and deployments
- Understanding of Web Service integration methods
- Strong English communications both written and verbal skills to communicate at all levels, including technical & non-technical, internal & external stakeholders and partners of the business.
- Estimation skills
- Ability to manage own workload and priorities and work within a team
- Status reporting, tracking of progress
- Familiarity or exposure to ITIL
Click Here to Apply Now