Human Resources Generalist
|Company:||Convergent||Location:||Montgomery, Alabama, United States|
|Posted:||Monday, October 8, 2018|
401K, Health, Vision, Dental!
The Human Resources Generalist (HRG) acts as a business partner to support all HR activities at a specific location(s). This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: management support and counseling, recruiting, hiring, new hire orientation, training, employee relations, coaching and development, benefits communications, employee recognition and engagement programs, communication of policies and procedures and employment law compliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily rounds on the production floor to interact with Client Managers, Supervisors, and agents.
- Partner with managers for employee terminations and Corrective Action including review of documentation prior to delivery.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner by following the Company’s standard policies and procedures.
- Is knowledgeable about our employee handbook; communicates changes in policies and procedures and insures proper compliance.
- Keep track of all requests in HRIS.
- Greet and assists employees with HR-related questions.
- Processes paperwork to terminate employees.
- Assists in planning, coordinating and executing employee appreciation and fundraising events.
- Process onboarding documentation for all new hires; generation of employee ID numbers, work assignments, entitlement policies, job titles, etc.
- Oversees responses to employment verifications
- Support social and employment engagement initiatives.
- Manage and assists with recruiting activities as needed.
- Work with staffing agencies (if applicable) on-site with new hires.
- Gather data and organize new hire rosters.
- Answer benefit questions, follow up and/or communicate with corporate personnel to get answers needed or issues resolved.
- Collaborate with Corporate Benefits and LOA administrators handling FMLA and/or ADA claims.
- Assist as needed with FMLA / ADA paperwork.
- Send out monthly Cigna reports to OM’s and Director for current location.
- Act as a liaison with corporate Benefits team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Strong communication skills with effective written and oral skills
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Previous experience with HRIS
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility.
- Required to use desktop computer including mouse to open, close programs and keyboard with accuracy.
- Occasionally move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasional moving about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Click Here to Apply Now