IRC Task Lead
|Company:||IQ Solutions||Location:||Rockville, Maryland, United States|
|Posted:||Thursday, May 9, 2019||Closing:||Monday, July 8, 2019|
|Employment Type:||Permanent, Full Time|
|Hours Per Week:||40|
As the IRC Task Lead, you will provide leadership expertise to projects in the Research Dissemination group. This role is for someone who can understand the broad perspective of a government contract as well as understand and develop a strategic approach to problems. In this role, you will provide support to project(s) in the information resource centers.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Providing day-to-day leadership of assigned projects.
- Determining and articulating the strategy for the project and then working closely with team to develop a client work plan for each project or task that fulfills contractual requirements. Formulating milestone schedules or other documented plans. Reviewing work performed and discussing anticipated activities.
- Understanding, developing and implementing strategies that help further our client’s missions. Staying abreast of the latest communication technologies, following industry publications and advancements.
- Pitching project efficiency ideas to streamline any process improvements while maintaining a high level of work quality.
- Assuming financial responsibility for assigned projects, including adequate staff assignments. Helping to ensure that the project remains profitable, within budget guidelines and that the contracts are completed within technical specifications and on time.
- Maintaining frequent contact with client representatives to identify and respond to client requests and to ensure that potential sources of difficulty are surfaced and addressed.
- Preparing and presenting required status reports including coordination of information gathering, setting the agenda and finalizing presentations for meeting internal and/or external status review requirements.
- Recognizing new-business opportunities with existing clients and works with senior management to develop them.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s degree in health education, communication or a public health-related, plus a minimum 8 – 10 years of applicable experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the issues and programs related to specific government contract details if necessary is required.
- Familiarity with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) is desirable. Experience working in an agency environment or Federal Government or nonprofit is preferred.
- A creative mind paired with a strong research background with experience in developing and disseminating information in a manner easily understood by the lay public.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- Strong client relations skills leading to high client satisfaction.
- A collaborative nature – this role requires you to work well with others and handle everchanging day-to-day situations with an acceptable, reasonable approach using good business judgement.
- Flexibility and the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, demonstrate initiative and follow-through and handle a variety of responsibilities efficiently and effectively without any direct supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Visual acuity – being able to discern detail and color variations on a computer screen.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law.
Click Here to Apply Now