|Company:||Convergent||Location:||Renton, Washington, United States|
|Posted:||Wednesday, November 7, 2018|
Come join our thriving team! Build Your Future Here!
Full-time with Benefits package available;
401K, Health, Vision, Dental!
Established more than 60 years ago, Convergent is one of America’s largest business process outsourcing, receivables management and outsourcing companies, with twelve operating centers across four time zones.
We are currently seeking ambitious, self-motivated, driven TEAM MEMBERS for a challenging, intense and ever-evolving career in the collections arena. This an opportunity to join an established team; immediately benefiting from the wealth of collective experience from our team while being supported by a strong and savvy, management team.
Internal Lockbox Scanner/Payment Processor
The Internal Lockbox Scanner/Payment Processor’s primary function is to ensure accurate daily posting and deposit of all physical payments received by Convergent and/or ACT per specified client rules utilizing an automated check scanning system. This role is also responsible for running various processes, generating exception reports that must be reviewed and completed and daily reconciliation of payment batches and deposits to multiple trust accounts.
Work Schedule: Must be able to work flexible hours with the pressure of prearranged deadlines and strictly monitored deadlines.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the skills and experience necessary to:
- Process all payments received from customers in the mail both manually and via automated scanning system
- Manually maintain accurate logs on specific information required by the department
- Meet predetermined accuracy standards for the department
- May be responsible for tracking and monitoring reports
- Follow established procedures
- Perform manual functions related to the check scanning process
- Notify leadership of problems or issues which could cause delay in items being processed
- Process all exceptions as instructed
- Performs other duties as assigned, specific activities may change based on business needs
- Work in a secure lockbox type environment with secure restricted access.
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent
- Acute attention to detail
- Exceptional organization skills a must
- Advanced knowledge of 10 key, data entry and balancing principles
- Handwriting must be legible, especially figures
- Requires 2+ years data entry, balancing, item processing or other related experience
- Must have ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Requires knowledge of various types of computer software, including spreadsheets and word processing programs
- Latitude experience preferred
- Requires a high level of accuracy and the ability to perform well under pressure and meet critical deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Standard work days for the Payment Processing Department are Monday through Friday. The Payment Processing Department is also responsible for monthly closes which requires additional weekend and evening work hours.
- Payment Processors are restricted from taking time off the last five days of the month due to the various client close schedules and volume of work.
- On the last day of the month, all processors are required to remain at work until all month end duties have been completed.