Oracle Database Administrator
|Company:||Echo Managed Services||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Posted:||Thursday, November 28, 2019||Closing:||Tuesday, January 28, 2020|
IndiaClosing date January 28th 2020
Echo Managed Services is currently driving an ambitious billing and customer intelligence software cloud transformation for the global utility market, partnering with Salesforce and Accenture.
We are a progressive organisation seeking to attract candidates who will relish the technical challenge and opportunity to develop their skills. There will be opportunity to travel globally and to the UK.
Please see our website for more information
The Oracle Database Administrator will be responsible for the design, installation, monitoring, maintain and performance tuning of group databases on various platforms while ensuring high levels of data availability. Also responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software. The role provides for a tremendous opportunity to learn and gain working knowledge of cross technology platforms such as SQL and Progress.
- Participates in customer/project meeting(s) for highly complex project definition, needs assessment and design review. Evaluates the needs and requirements of the users and provides technical expertise in the development of technical, structural and organisational specifications. Determine appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organisation.
- Work with application development staff to develop database architectures and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Design and implement policies and procedures for disaster recovery, data archiving and backups to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Design policies and procedures related to redundant databases.
- Acquisition and Deployment
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Operational Management
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Assist in planning and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement and maintain change control and testing procedures for modifications to databases.
- Create or support creation of required reports in response to business user needs.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
- Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use.
- Provide guidance to other members of the department.
- Plan for migration to cloud based technology
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience with maintenance of a distributed Oracle Database System
- Experience in all aspects of Oracle implementation
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience supporting an Oracle database via a web application
- Experience with Oracle Middleware Administration
- Maintenance of a distributed Oracle Database System
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles and practices.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers.
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Opportunity for training in cross technology platforms like SQL and Progress.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self- motivated and directed.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation
- To be able to think ahead, be proactive and grasp the bigger picture.
- Willingness to work some unsociable hours
- Qualified through an Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) Program
- OCP in 11g is required, 12c is preferred
Click Here to Apply Now