Aptumo Testing Automation Developer
|Company:||Echo Managed Services||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Posted:||Thursday, January 9, 2020||Closing:||Saturday, February 29, 2020|
IndiaClosing date February 29th 2020
Aptumo is a new multi-utility SaaS product native to Salesforce.com built from the ground up for all utilities companies, small or large, to bill anything, anywhere. Aptumo has been developed by Echo-MS (owned by South Staffordshire PLC), in Walsall, as part of an ambitious next generation growth programme underpinned by an ‘intrapreneurial’ start-up funding model. We have our first customers in the UK and Australia, and we are now moving out of start-up mode into the next phase of our product lifecycle.
You will have full lifecycle project experience including definition of an automation strategy, automation scripts and data preparation and test execution. We want to drive a DevOps culture of continual development, testing and delivery. The Aptumo Testing Automation Developer role is critical in enabling us to bring development and testing closer together and drive best practice in quality of our release schedule.
- You will work with several scrum teams, comprising Software Engineers, QA engineers, a Tech lead, and a Product Owner.
- You will perform exploratory testing on new features as part of the development process.
- You will also contribute a critical eye to product feature designs and technical scoping to drive out assumptions and risks before the feature even leaves the drawing board.
- You will develop automated tests to ensure that the quality of our products remains high and any issues are caught early.
- You will also contribute in preparing Test Automation Plans
- As a Senior QA Engineer, you will also be responsible for evangelizing best practise, and mentoring QA engineers in the other scrum teams.
- Implement automation testing standards and testing best practice across the company and ensure automation quality is benchmarkable and adhered to.
- Provide training and consultancy on Test Automation Best Practise to test teams within all the company’s portfolios.
- You will have working knowledge of the Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid software development life cycles.
- You will also have deep knowledge of test automation strategies, best practices and automation tools with a focus on Desktop, Web and Mobile applications at integration, system, UAT and OAT levels.
- Deep knowledge of functional test automation at GUI levels. Experience of test automation tools: Selenium with Java.
- Knowledge any of the Java programming language
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Good organizational skills
- Keen interest in technology and remaining up to date with the latest developments/approaches
- Desire to learn and seek out information Self-motivated to seek out new knowledge, skills and experiences
Technical Skills and Experience
- Test Automation Strategy and Planning (Essential)
- Exploratory testing (Essential)
- Automation Experience with Selenium WebDriver (Essential)
- Web interface testing (desirable)
- API Testing (desirable)
Desired Technical Skills and Experience
- 5+ years testing experience
- Experience of testing Salesforce UI
- Knowledge of Git workflows
- Object oriented programming experience
- Proven ability to drive an automation agenda.
- Knowledge of BDD
- 2+ years Agile experience within either or both Kanban/Scrum frameworks
- Demonstrable experience in a leading and mentoring a test team
- Experience of defining and reporting on quality metrics
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience using Java
- Experience of these technologies will be beneficial, but you'll be given the opportunity to learn the ones you might not have used, as the role demands: Cucumber / Gherkin PostMan / SoapUI / JMeter Performance testing Test Charters Virtualization / container (Docker) environments Kubernetes AWS (CloudFormation, Lambdas) DevOps
- Degree level qualified or relevant equivalent qualification or experience
- Agile DSDM or Scrum exposure is desirable
Click Here to Apply Now