CORONAVIRUS (COVID 19) - FORCING YOU TO WORK FROM HOME?!
Watch our Video with some tips (view here)
Sr. Systems Administrator
|Company:||Convergent||Location:||Renton, Washington, United States|
|Posted:||Thursday, June 1, 2017|
Systems Administrator possesses diagnostic and troubleshooting skills relative to end user support issues to include servers, personal computers, connectivity issues, peripheral equipment and the installation of hardware and software for all supported systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and deploy Windows Server infrastructure, physical and virtual, to support the business.
- Become subject matter expert\service owner of our corporate messaging Infrastructure.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Perform Backups, Restores and participate in disaster recovery scenarios.
- Applying operating systems updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems in timely manner.
- Maintains hardware and software inventory and licensing.
- Provide systems administration functions on Windows and VMware ESXi servers.
- Follow and enforce security compliance standards and Company policies.
- Be able to work outside of normal business hours if needed.
- Be able to travel as needed.
- Maintain monitoring systems such as Solarwinds.
- Maintain proper documentation for change controls and for audit purposes.
- Strong understanding of industry standards or practices, and be able to apply them when needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Related VMware certification such as VCA,VCP,VCAP or VCDX
- Previous experience as a Systems Administrator\ Systems Engineer required.
- Experience with Exchange Disaster Recovery strategy and data backup.
- Exchange migration experience from Exchange 2007 to 2010 or 2013 a huge plus
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of VMware experience specifically VMware vSphere and ESXi Virtual
- Extensive expertise and support for virtual technologies (Citrix and VMware)
- Build, document and test VMware virtual solutions
- “Hands-on” system engineering experience and competency in VMware View , VMware Thin App
- Recent experience with virtualization technologies and backup software.
- Experience in maintaining Exchange servers, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience in design, planning deployment of Microsoft Exchange 2010 and\or 2013.
- Experience in design, planning deployment of Microsoft Lync 2010 and\or 2013.
- Experience with Enterprise Antivirus solutions. Sophos and huge plus!
- Experience with Enterprise Web Filter solutions. Sophos another huge plus!
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone and in writing.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Take and follow direction from remote or local management.
- Highly motivated, a self-starter and be capable of working independently most times and with very minimal direction.
- Excellent Follow-up and follow-thru habits.
- Project Management skills for medium to large Messaging infrastructure related projects.
- Participate in Service Ownership Support team.
- Be able to lift, move and install heavy equipment up to 50 pounds as needed. For example rack-mountable or stand-alone UPS, server, etc.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Click Here to Apply Now