Senior C++ Developer
|Posted:||Monday, December 12, 2016|
Do you dream about an extraordinary job where you can question the impossible? Do you think you have what it takes to transfer new ideas and concepts from research into tangible products? Are you passionate about machine learning, artificial intelligence and other hi-tech advancements? Bring that passion to Phonexia.
This position offers you the potential to build something new, cutting-edge and audacious. You will become an integral part of our exceptional engineering team and will contribute to the design and development of core technologies for the next generation of our speech processing platform.
You should be an ambitious innovator who eats complex problems for breakfast; a team player and critical thinker with the company’s best interest at heart. Challenge us with your ideas. Boldly
convince us of their merit. Be wise enough to recognize when they fall short, or flat, and welcome the constructive criticism of your colleagues and peers so we can create extraordinary things
What you will do at Phonexia:
In your new position you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the creation of a
speech processing platform that will directly impact the everyday lives of our customers and
partners. We expect you to:
- Become an expert in the design, implementation, and testing of core speech technologies in C++, especially the more difficult ones.
- Improve the quality, speed, and security of our current speech core with progressive code refactoring to the new norm C++ 11/14.
- Adapt top-notch algorithms and scripts from university for production, and optimize them to make them faster, more reliable, and less memory intensive.
- Create build scripts, integration and unit tests, taking care of the technical quality while working on the continuous development and technical improvement of our SDK.
- Build new technology blocks and connect and configure existing ones to create novel speech technologies.
- Maintain and advance our source code, perform static analysis of code, do refactoring, and write technical documentation for speech SDK.
Desired Skills and Experience:
We’re looking for a key member of our development team who is naturally curious, has an unwavering commitment to their work and a structured, analytic way of thinking. Ideally you will have worked in an entrepreneurial environment before, and have experience with:
- 2+ years of C/C++ development on Linux platforms (gcc, gdb, ld, …).
- Writing clean, reliable and highly scalable code.
- Multiplatform development (Linux, Windows) and methods like integration and unit tests, peer programming and peer code review to ensure quality of the product.
The following skills and/or work experience would be especially advantageous in your new role:
- Clear understanding of the concepts of Multiprocessing, Multithreading and GPU computing.
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages (Perl, Python, Awk).
- Knowledge of Signal processing algorithms for sound or image.
- Comfortable working with Version Control Systems (SVN or GIT).
- Continuous integration/deployment (Jenkins CI).
- You will be willing to always learn and improve while tackling technical challenges and demanding tasks as an opportunity for personal development.
- You will be able to speak English, and to handle technical discussions in a clear, compelling and audience appropriate manner.
Why you should work for Phonexia:
- You will be a part of a great team of easy-going people that have a good time doing what they love.
- You will work in a company developing unique and state-of-the-art technologies, working together with some of the best European researchers.
- We offer flexible working hours to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance. Sick days and extra home-office availability is a natural benefit of your job at Phonexia.
- We want you to advance your skills. Therefore, conferences, workshops, me mentoring and other opportunities for personal and professional development are provided.
Click Here to Apply Now