|Company:||Convergent||Location:||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Posted:||Friday, September 28, 2018|
Full-time with Benefits package available
including 401K, Health, Vision, Dental and more!
Established more than 60 years ago, Convergent is one of America’s largest business process outsourcing, receivables management and outsourcing companies, with twelve operating centers across four time zones.
We are currently seeking ambitious, self-motivated, driven TEAM MEMBERS for a challenging, intense and ever-evolving career in the collections arena. This an opportunity to join an established team; immediately benefiting from the wealth of collective experience from our team while being supported by a strong and savvy, management team.
The Audit Specialist will assist the Internal Audit Department in providing independent and objective reviews and assessments of the business activities, operations, financial systems, and internal controls of Convergent Outsourcing, Inc.
- Executes fieldwork steps on assigned internal audits and special projects, designed to evaluate company’s risk and control environment.
- Proactively assesses compliance, operational, regulatory, financial, and reputational risk and applies best practices with regard to controls and governance processes.
- Executes assigned process audits from beginning to end which includes scheduling, performing walkthroughs/test work, and documenting results.
- Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk and ensures audit conclusions are documented according to professional and departmental standards.
- Identifies exceptions, performs root cause analysis, communicates exceptions to appropriate departments, and provides remediation/process improvement recommendations to resolve any identified exceptions or control gaps.
- Employee may be required to perform additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in business (i.e., accounting, audit, management, information systems, finance, etc.) or economics with minimum 3.0 overall GPA.
- Knowledge of Internal Audit Principles (preferred not required)
- Entry level.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Visio)
- Advanced analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to work independently
Convergent Outsourcing, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Any employment offers are contingent upon successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and/or Drug Screen.
Click Here to Apply Now